I stayed overnight at short notice and hadn't pre-booked, but the concierge, whose name was Wayne, was happy to accommodate. Wayne is an earnest and very welcoming young man and recent university graduate who will undoubtedly excel in whatever he tries his hand at. It was very late and I was wiped out, but there are some people who radiate something that lifts your spirits, and Wayne is one of them. The lobby, elevators, hallways were all spotless and so was my room. The bathroom came up to my high expectations and the towels were impossibly white and fluffy. The bed was perfect, Keurig in the room with coffee and tea K-cups, microwave and small fridge.
1) Add Equal and Splenda to the choices of sweeteners. Saccharine is seriously dated. I don't understand hotels that only have the "pink stuff." Is that still the most popular sweetener in the U.S.? I doubt it.
2) There was some issue with the toilet flush--for a few flushes the water was brownish, but it cleared.
3) Talk about a rude awakening: for some reason the fire alarm in my room began to blast at 7:30 a.m. No, there was no fire, nor was I burning popcorn in the microwave (before you ask.)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Columbia Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Columbia