“Best experience ever”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, United States
“Best experience ever”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had the most amazing hotel experience of my life. After my fiancé had a lenghty hospitalization, we needed a place to rest since we are from North Carolina. Delila was the lady that took my reservation, checked me in and made sure I had the extra pillows I requested, and checked me out. The bar staff, restaurant staff, and even the lady who brought the food to my room… all were so very kind. I cannot say thank you enough for the pleasant experience. I would definitely stay again if every in the area. Thank You Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bermuda
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My overall stay at this hotel was great! I would definitely stay again. It was reasonably priced and offered great value and various amenities onsite. The made-to-order breakfast was really nice, and the staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel is ideally located to many shops and restaurants, including a big shopping malll. The one thing I was disappointed with was the comfort of the bed...the mattress springs were noisy and seemed worn down, and the pillows had no fluff at all, however, the room was very clean and quite spacious.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Lincoln, Delaware
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room over the phone and used Hilton Honors points to pay for it. Hotel employee on the other line was not friendly and seemed like she didn't know what she was doing. Upon checking in they tried to charge me for the room and I refused stating that I had already used HH points over the phone. The front desk attendant admitted to me that she was there by herself as the manager left her alone on her first day. While consulting with someone over her cell phone she tried to fix the reservation however stated that I would have to make the reservation online or call Hilton Honors. This was a huge inconvenience as it was already 9:00 p.m. and my family just wanted to go to bed. After speaking with Hilton Honors myself I had the reservation changed and was finally able to check in. There was no reason why the front desk couldn't have done this for me. The rooms are nice however misleading on the website when it states "2 Double Beds, queen sized beds". The front desk attendant told me that they were queen sized beds however they are not. Very dissatisfied!!!

• Stayed November 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed one night, once the heavy scent of air freshener wore off, there was a horrible smell of some kind of gas. We both woke up with a headache. There was a soccer team of children there that were allowed to run up and down the halls kicking the ball until very late. Rooms were not ready when we arrived.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Pittsburgh
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were there for a soccer tournament. While that didn't go well, the stay at the hotel made it convenient to the fields and we were able to unwind after each game and relax at night. I would definitely stay there again. The value was great. The rooms were great. The staff was extremely helpful. The overall experience was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Nashville, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having stayed at this facility several times and had no problems, I was surprised to experience poor front desk clerk interaction, lack of training, a broken "HVAC" in my room, and a less than great breakfast selection. I travel 60 plus hotel nights a year and often stay in HGI's. This facility needs some managerial/owner attention. You should never have a front desk clerk be unfamiliar with the request, "Do you have an upgrade for a Honors Diamond member?" Outdated, old style thermostats belong in outdated, older facilities and I can't help but think that possibly the thermostat was the reason our HVAC did not work properly and we had to change rooms late in the night. Finally, most HGI's have a great breakfast with lot's of selection, but this one seems to be scaling down the offerings: wheres the tomato juice? where's the biscuits and gravy? wheres the granola choices? where are fresh doughnuts? where are fresh fruit choices outside of the standard cut pineapple/melon bowl? Also; while this is not the only place it happens, if a breakfast waitress expects a tip, I expect them to interact with the customer as much as possible, filling your glass, bringing items to the table as requested, and, asking "can I get you something else?" The attendendants were friendly and helpful, but not particularly attentive to the handful of customers eating breakfast. Do you want a tip or not?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Shawnee, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've now made this my "regular" stop when I have to travel to our branch in MD. I get a consistently-clean room, and the staff is always very friendly and helpful. They do appear to have made some changes to the breakfast offering this last trip out… but in the grand scheme of things, I was still able to get my bowl of oatmeal, so all was good !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business