“Hilton Inn, Columbia, Maryland”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The HGI, Columbia is a good hotel with all the advertised amenities. The fitness center lacks free weights, but has every else. Good dining at Victoria's Gastropub is within walking distance. Many other restaurants are within a 5 minute drive. Down Baltimore is a 15 minute drive. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Columbia

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love Hilton Garden Inn's but this hotel is a little dated. Mattresses are a little old and bedding is not the same as some of the Hilton's in other cities. Breakfast was $10.00 per person. It was okay, but would choose another hilton to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Tom W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We have just completed the Lobby and Restaurant renovation. We have a new look. The rooms will be scheduled next. We have recently added the Keurig coffee makers to all guest rooms to continue to enhance our guests experience. I do hope when your travels bring you back to Columbia you stay with us. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. No complaints! We are a family of 4 & had plenty of room to spread out. We were there for a wedding so we didn't get to use any of the amenities but it all appeared very welcoming. We have family in the area so I would definitely go back & choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Tom W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, We have recently renovated the lobby area and are constantly looking at ways to continue to provide the service and hospitality we are known for. We appreciate your staying with us and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a horrible hotel. It looks fine to the unassuming eye. When we arrived we were assigned a room on the 4th floor. It took 2trips to the front desk to get new keys because they weren't working. Housekeeping tried yo open it and it wouldn't work for her either. When I went down to the front desk again the maintenance man happened to be there. He said he knew the door lock was broken. Apparently he didn't tell the desk staff not to assign it, though. When we got into our new room I took off my shoes and realized the carpet was wet. So, the bottom of my bag was wet and so were my feet. We didn't change rooms again because at that point we we're now late.

When we returned that night we stopped at the bar to get a drink and food. The staff was lovely but busy running room service up while trying to serve drinks and food downstairs. After I drank my coffee and Kailua, I saw stuff on the bottom of the black mug. I assumed they were coffee grinds so I wiped them out before my next refill. To my disgust, they were dead fruit flies. At least a dozen. Not including what I probably already consumed. I felt like vomiting right there!!!! How gross to know I just drank a cup of coffee with a side of bugs. Ugggggg. We didn't eat the food and left right away. Then we went to the vending machine to get a water. The lid was on but the water was leaking out of the top. I had to go back to the front desk and complain. They gave me new bottle. Over all I was so grossed out that I couldn't sleep. The hard bed probably didn't help. Overall, this was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. And, I stay in hotels at least 25 nights a year.

Room Tip: 401 had the broken door lock.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra W
Tom W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Sandra,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed appropriately. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

You will be hard pressed to find a cleaner, nicer, more welcoming hotel for twice the cost of the Garden Inn Columbia. The facility is clean and almost like new and the staff is super friendly. Will be back again, that is certain.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet residential/business square. We were extremely impressed with the cleanliness of our room. Meagan is an exceptional front desk concierge. She went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure she exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel offers restaurant for hot breakfast and bar for evening cocktails. It has well maintained and nice amenties, convenient location and friendly staff. Also clean, well maintained rooms. I will stay again if in the area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business