“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Avon, Connecticut
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. While the rooms are not as updated in decor as other hotels, it was very comfortable and very clean. The housekeeping and front desk staff were great. I would highly recommend this hotel. Unfortunately they don't have a complimentary breakfast, but they do have a restaurant/bar area inside the hotel. And they offer yummy complimentary cookies! I prefer this hotel over the Hilton Homewood Suites in Columbia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Located in a small mall area with a few stores and restaurants in walking distance. Service was good, rooms were clean and well maintained, and the staff were caring. Breakfast was tasty and reasonably prompt for a "cook to order" breakfast.

Probably may stay again. If I do not it will only be because of location. This location is good for many business purposes. But, I think there may be lodging closer to my own needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a comfortable, cozy hotel. The rooms are what you would expect. They are clean and comfortable. I like the lobby area. There are cozy little places to sit and enjoy a cup of complimentary coffee or tea. The staff is VERY friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We always choose Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia because it's like being at home. The rooms are always clean and we like the atmosphere. I also take time to visit the spa area or sit by the fireplace in the lobby, which makes it feel like home. I also use the business center quite frequently to make sure things are running smoothly. This is a great place to stay. We love it. I think you'll love it too.

Diamond

Room Tip: We have stayed there several times in several rooms. They have all been great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great stay and a great price. You get more than what you pay for. Peaceful and nice surroundings. Close to shopping areas and great resturants. The landscape is nice especially the hotel lobby. It has a fireplace (gas). The pool area is great if you like to swim or the hot spa. Best time to go is after tourist season and then you have th pool area to yourself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This property is not new, but my room was mostly clean and updated. Very nice staff, and a good location for my business needs. In-room Wifi worked great which was essential to me. Room temperature control worked well and wasn't too noisy. Room was nicely sized and appointed. Bed was comfy, and my top-floor corner room was quiet. I liked the mini-fridge. I appreciated the small specialty drink samples and cookies on the check-in counter. The happy hour seemed very popular, and breakfast was made-to-order.
Just a few glitches: 1. The fire alarm went off in the middle of the first night there. It was a false alarm, and I understand this has happened before at this hotel. If I were the manager, I would do *everything* to solve this technical issue. We did receive a "Sorry for any inconvenience..." letter under our doors, so okay, they apologized. 2. My corporate Travel Agent stated that they had negotiated breakfast to be included in my rate, but that turned out not to be the case. If breakfast is important to you, you might call ahead. 3. My bed had someone elses' hairs in it (about 3 long black hairs, whereas I have short blond hair), and the bathroom wall (around the toilet) had some nasty spots... I would think they would use wallpaper that can be effectively cleaned. 4. The hair dryer in my bathroom had a switch that must be held in continuously for the dryer to work - this aggravated my carpal tunnel but that is minor.
All in all it was pretty good for this area, and I would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the pond is quietest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was a very clean place. very accommodating staff. A quiet place, great breakfast included. well located. Really a find. I stayed two days, my friends three . I have never been in Columbia Maryland before, we visited an old friend, found this place online. (actually my wife did) We all had pleasant stays.
Jeremy T