“Good value!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Pittsburgh, PA
“Good value!”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Everything in our room was very neat and clean, the people at the desk were very friendly, the restaurant served a nice breakfast, and our room was nice and quiet.

Our only complaint was housekeeping. When we arrived at our room, the room was at 65 degrees - which for us is absolutely frigid! Two of the days the thermostat was set way down from where we had it. One day it was down to 70, not a huge deal, and the other it was all the way down (50), and the room was at about 65. We were so cold that we were very uncomfortable, as it took a while for the temperature to get up to something reasonable. Also, they usually took our towels (despite their green policy to take towels only if they are on the floor. Finally, the one day we got back to our room around 3:30pm. We had a wedding rehearsal to go to and we needed to get ready and changed. However, they were about to clean our room, and the woman who was going to clean our room was very rude. She didn't speak any English (or very little) so there was no way for me to explain that we needed our room for a little while. We did have to drop a couple things off quickly and grab a book so we could wait until the room was done, but she kept saying "rapido, rapido" to us even though we were in the room for no more than 2 minutes. Luckily the room was cleaned in enough time for us to get changed quickly and make it just in time for the rehearsal.

The last piece was more of a picky complaint, but it impacted us enough to rate this 4 stars instead of 5. Overall we got great value for the price. We were pleased with our stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Harpswell, Maine
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I am a contractor and have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Columia (MD) many times on business. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful, and I have always gotten the type of room I requested. My only criticism is that one of the computers in the business center has had lots of problems over the past several months, although it seems to be fixed now, I always eat breakfast at the hotel, and the restaurant staff (Aster in particular has been outstanding) has always been responsive. I would highly recommend this hotel, and I intend to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: call ahead and talk directly to the hotel staff
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Most comfortable hotel for the money. Close to everything in the Baltimore and the Wash DC metro area. Very helpful and friendly stall, especially the dining hostess.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cjf76
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Everyone at the HGI Columbia is extremely helpful and kind! I frequently stay at this hotel (every other week) for the past 2-3 years and I couldn't ask for better service. Everyone knows your name and takes care of everything you need with a smile. I am most pleased with the service I receive from Aster in the restaurant. She always welcomes me back each trip wtih a hug and makes sure I am taken care of. I certainly appreciate the warmth and caring considering how much time I spend away from home. Aster as well as the other employees make it feel like my home away from home.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MEMacfarlane
Morristown, NJ
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Ok, first off...we are not "complainers" nor light sleepers by any means. However, we could hear every time our neighbors flushed or used the toilet, ran the shower, and/or ran the water. We could also hear conversations on both sides. Walls VERY thin. Otherwise stay was good...hotel close to major roads. Just bring earplugs!!

Also: noticed that the pool bottom looked dirty in spots, like it hadn't been cleaned.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Slinky1
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Aster provided great service. She was very attentive to our needs and was always on-time, polite and professional.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Good location. Lobby comfortable, front desk and staff helpful and friendly. Small room was clean but needed a little updating (430). No fan in bathroom, TV old, high speed internet, well, not. This was a smoking room. I have a feeling non-smoking rooms might be nicer. Do we deserve a room less updated because we smoke? Many of you will probably say "Yes! That's what you get for smoking!". Those of you who are in business know better. Either go smoke free or have all rooms the same. I could be wrong though, maybe all the rooms need a little modernization.
Breakfast bar good but I still don't understand the sign that seemed to include omelets, along with the buffet but when asked about was told is separate. When I asked how much they cost, no one seemed to know. The chef seemed so creative and skilled yet there wasn't any listings or prices of all the dishes she could make for a diner. So it was spend half an hour asking what can you make and what is the price or just get the buffet. Do most Hilton guests not care about prices? Very strange and talent is wasting unless they get a separate menu of offerings.
My husband said the pool and sauna were really great!
All in all, we'd go back regardless

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room?
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple