“Ribs Baby Ribs !!!!!!”
Review of Corner Stable

Corner Stable
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 291 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a family owned and operated restaurant serving our famous "fall off the bone" baby back ribs and colossal lump crab cakes, among many other things (make sure you give our seasonal menus a try!). We have over 40 different, constantly rotating craft draft lines and two full bars as well! Great bar specials every night of the week and Sunday is ALL DAY Happy Hour!
Reviewed November 3, 2014

If you have not gone into the Corner Stable for ribs........then you have not gone out for ribs period! They have been doing it for yrs in Baltimore and now we have them in Howard County. The ribs are to die for. check it our for yourself you deserve a treat tonight.

Date of visit: October 2014
Lindsay M, General Manager at Corner Stable, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review! We love what we do, and are so glad when guests let us know they enjoy their experience!

We hope to see you soon for some more AMAZING RIBS!

Reviewed October 26, 2014

During my first ever visit to this or any Corner Stable, I was sat at a small table by the bar on a Monday around 1PM for lunch. I was served by the bartender, Tim. I ordered the Pit on Wick sandwich ($9.50). It came with some mustard, lettuce, pickles, onions, and cheese on it. It was delicious. There was also some Au Jus sauce and horseradish for dipping. I had a water (FREE) to drink. Upon leaving, I used the restroom first. After I was done, I walked back down the same hallway I used to get to the restroom and past the bar with bartender Tim and my table and straight out the front doors. When I walked past Tim, he said nothing. Not have a good day, come back soon, nothing. I guess he was disappointed by my 15% $1.50 tip. Either that or he only says things like that to women as he did to another table when they left earlier in my visit. Typical male I guess.

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank NeoWasHere

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate constructive criticism as an opportunity to grow!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Pit Beef on Wick sandwich, that's one of our more recent creations and we're thrilled to know our guests enjoy it! I am sorry for the way you felt when Tim didn't thank you on your way out. I've spoken to him and used this experience as a lesson to our staff that, whenever possible we need to make sure we thank our guests as they leave. Too often, we can get consumed in the tasks right in front of us and not pay enough attention to what's going on around us. I'm sorry that you fell victim to that. I hope that we see you again soon for another wonderful meal and a much more gratifying experience.

I'd be happy to address your concerns directly. Please feel free to contact me any time!

Reviewed October 25, 2014

Went there with my wife and a friend for the first time. The place was crowded with families since the shopping center was having a Halloween event, so there were lots of children in the restaurant. They weren't being bad, but with the number that there were, it was extraordinarily loud. The inside of the stable looks like typical sports bar. Change the name on the outside and it easily could be converted to a TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, or any number of chain restaurants. The same can be said for the items on the menu. We orders a half rack of ribs, crab melt, and a chicken tender salad. My wife liked the ribs. I tried them, but for me, the sauce was sickening sweet and there was so much of it, I couldn't taste the meat. Our friend said the crab melt was fine (although later that night she had indigestion from either them or the fries). It's hard to wreck a salad, and mine was fine. The service was fine considering how busy the place was. Overall it wasn't an unpleasant experience, but I doubt we'll return any time soon.

Date of visit: October 2014

Thank you for your recent review! We appreciate constructive criticism as an opportunity to grow!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your salad and the service on your visit. The Halloween Tick-or-Treat event in the village center is definitely a crazy day! We have a lot of fun celebrating with local families, but you're right - it can get loud. If possible, our hosts would be happy to accommodate seating requests that may ease that concern.

It's great that your wife enjoyed her ribs, but I'm sorry that you didn't. If you'd like to try them again you may enjoy our smoky, spicy Texas BBQ Sauce. Several guests that find our original sauce too sweet really enjoy the Texas. As a family owned business with award-winning food we take pride in our Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes, so we hope that you visit us again and have an amazing experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2014

Finding it was the hard part! But the staff found a quiet corner for our group of 5 for lunch. We stayed for two hours and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Crab cakes and ribs were as good as they were described on the menu. Especially liked the 1/2 rack of ribs ... just the right size serving and the Denmark ribs were cooked just right. The directions should say behind/beside Harris-Teeter, then you know you're in the right shopping center! Look forward to returning soon!

Date of visit: October 2014

Thank you for your recent review! We're glad you found us, and that you enjoyed your experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2014

This was our third visit to Corner Stable in Columbia. We were pretty disappointed once again.
We both requested a substitute side dish instead of fries, but both of us received fries anyway
and had to wait while they made it right. It is our belief that it was the kitchen that was at fault.
I had the ribs--they are just mediocre. My wife ordered the shrimp salad sandwich; it too was no
better than mediocre. The shrimp were tiny and obviously frozen. We may not go back for a fourth visit.

Date of visit: October 2014

I'm sorry that we mistakenly gave you the incorrect side items, but I'm glad that you gave us the chance to make it right. We take pride in our award-winning, tender, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes, but I'm sorry they weren't to your liking.

We hope to see you in for another chance to impress you. Please feel free to ask for me and I'd be happy to do whatever I can to make your visit exceptional.

Additionally, I'm happy to address any of your concerns directly. Please feel free to get in touch with me any time!