“Nice place, good ribs”
Review of Corner Stable

Corner Stable
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Pasadena, Maryland
“Nice place, good ribs”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went for lunch and ordered the half rack of ribs. The waitress asked whether we wanted the original sauce or the Texas sauce with the Texas sauce being spicier and smokier. We opted for the Texas and were not disappointed. The ribs were very tender, the service was fast and the sauce was just spicy enough. We will definitely go back again to try other menu items.

• Visited May 2014

Columbia, Maryland
“Not the original”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was really excited when I saw that Corner Stable was coming to Columbia. I have been a long time patro of the one in Texas, MD. Upon arriving it saw that it was set up as a restaraunt and separate bar. I chose the bar side, since it was my mood that evening. The familiar abrupt service style I had grown accustomed to at the original place was evident here as well. Please note, abrupt does not mean lacking in this case. I ordered the Rack and Fries and a crab soup appetizer. This is my normal fare for years at this place. First thing I noticed about the food was that it wasn't the same. The ribs weren't cooked the same way, the sauce was different. The crab soup was to peppery. Keep in mind they are stll the best ribs in Columbia, the next closest "rib" joint is Red Hot and Blue in Laurel. The other thing I noticed was the ambience and mood of the place was different. I was accustomed to the dark, almost gloomy tavern feel of the original. The Columbia version was completely different. I almost hate to say this now that I am a Columbia resident, but it was catering to a more "upper crust" crowd. This isn't to say it was a bad thing, and if you had never frequented the other location you wouldn't even notice. I don't feel the same vibe at this location. I have to say that it might be a Columbia thing, but folks here don't seem to like Ribs. Adams Ribs in Long Reach had great ribs and they went out of business. This place is never crowded, except on Football Sundays when the Ravens are playing.

• Visited June 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Special chicken chili soup was excellent and the Reuben was good as well. The turkey club is also a great choice if you are hungry, it's a little big but great tasting. Service was ok, our waiter brought our food out less than a minute after we got our soup which was not the best especially since the soup was steaming hot and we hasp wait for it to cool down. Good local spot if your in town.

Visited April 2014
Baltimore, MD
“Not the same experience...food is great, service is not”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been to the Columbia location 8-10 times now, lunch or dinner.

The good is that the food quality is consistently great the same as their original Timonium location.

The bad is that the service is always lacking. Not just in comparison to the original location...the original location, which we still visit, has some of the best service that we experience anywhere. People are dedicated to their jobs and take pride in what they do. The Columbia location has been consistently slow, inattentive, and generally just not interested that you are there. Refills? Plates empty on the table? Only if you can find and then flag down your server. Empty restaurant with three or four tables...bad service. Full at lunch...bad service. Brought your kids...no menu offered...they have one, it's just not once been offered.

If you have the time, got to the original location in Timonium...you will see a great staff who is happy you are there.

• Visited April 2014
Columbia, Maryland
“It was OK”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had lunch recently at the corner stable. The staff was nice and seated us right away. The place was mostly empty, which is surprising around here. The wait staff was pleasant and drinks were brought out quick. The décor is a sports bar. Nothing fancy. It was clean and not too loud. The food came out and was just as described. Unfortunately, the pulled pork sandwich, which was huge, was not to my liking. The meat was so finely chopped up and with so much sauce (I think it was sauce) that it was more like mush. The mound of fries would have benefited from some form of seasoning. The other order at the table was potato skins which weren't skins at all but thickly sliced potatoes with some cheese on top. I know they were trying but I didn't enjoy the meal.

• Visited March 2014