“We didn't try the ribs”
Review of Corner Stable

Corner Stable
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 265 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The crab cakes were very good (one of our group has lived in Maryland in the past). Service was as expected. Beer selection is limited though satisfactory.

CornerStable, Manager at Corner Stable, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments! We appreciate reviews as a way to help us grow! We change our beer selections with the seasons and try to keep up with the new and popular brews, so we hope you'll stop in soon to try some more!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went with a friend and we shared, so I was able to try a few different things.

The crabcake was delicious. It was packed with crabmeat. Is it the best I have ever had? Close. I really like Timbuktu's crabcake, but this is a close runner-up. It had lump crab in it, but it wasn't ALL lumb crab. However, it was definitely worth the price of admission. Not much filler and good spices.

The ribs were good. However, for a "rack" of ribs, there just wasn't all that much. Our ribs didn't look like the above picture. We got the hot bbq, and they were tasty and fall off the bone.

The bloomin onion thing was good, too. Now I love onions, but this was not a sweet onion at all. Kind of potent, imo. The spicy sauce was delicious.

The sides were blah. I got a salad and asked if it had iceberg or mixed greens and the waitress said mixed. It really was iceberg with a little bit of romaine, very little. it tasted like lettuce in the bag at the grocery store that was in the bag a little too long.

My friend got the mac and cheese and I am pretty sure it came from a box.

Green beans - again not good - probably frozen and I don't like frozen green beans. Had a funny taste and were not crisp.

I wouldn't make a special trip back. If I was in the area, I would drop by for a crabcake, for sure. I like my own ribs better :-) but if I didn't feel like making them myself, these would do. The employees were very pleasant.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The food was great, best ribs of Baltimore. Crabcake was delish and was all about the crab. Not too expensive.
Service was fast, exactly when you want it.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Took the family here some time ago and wanted to check them out again. Went again today and was as satisfied as the first time. Crab cakes alone will make you want to come back. The Corner Stable is on my list for "Return Visits"

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived in Columbia on a Saturday afternoon. We were looking for a place the locals would eat at. The desk clerk at our hotel suggested this place. The hostess was very friendly. It's located in a nice shopping area. We waiting about ten minutes for a table even though they didn't seem very busy. My son got the turkey sandwich which looked good. It came with potatoes and gravy. We shared a rib and crab cake combo. The crab cake was very good with lots of lovely chunks of crab. I would have liked some type of tartar sauce or something with it. Hubby said the ribs were good. It came with two sides and we got broccoli and green beans. Service wasn't the best but our waitress was pregnant so we'll give her a pass for that.

Dessert was a cream puff with chocolate ganache which was good but not out of this world.

All in all a decent place but not outstanding. I thought the crab cakes at Timbuctu were much better but these were more than adequate. Probably wouldn't be my "go to" place here but I could recommend it for a nice relaxed dinner with the family.

1  Thank radiiochick