“Second Time Around”
Review of Corner Stable

Corner Stable
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Joppa, Maryland
“Second Time Around”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Took the family here some time ago and wanted to check them out again. Went again today and was as satisfied as the first time. Crab cakes alone will make you want to come back. The Corner Stable is on my list for "Return Visits"

• Visited July 2013

Center Moriches, New York
“very nice, casual dining”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived in Columbia on a Saturday afternoon. We were looking for a place the locals would eat at. The desk clerk at our hotel suggested this place. The hostess was very friendly. It's located in a nice shopping area. We waiting about ten minutes for a table even though they didn't seem very busy. My son got the turkey sandwich which looked good. It came with potatoes and gravy. We shared a rib and crab cake combo. The crab cake was very good with lots of lovely chunks of crab. I would have liked some type of tartar sauce or something with it. Hubby said the ribs were good. It came with two sides and we got broccoli and green beans. Service wasn't the best but our waitress was pregnant so we'll give her a pass for that.

Dessert was a cream puff with chocolate ganache which was good but not out of this world.

All in all a decent place but not outstanding. I thought the crab cakes at Timbuctu were much better but these were more than adequate. Probably wouldn't be my "go to" place here but I could recommend it for a nice relaxed dinner with the family.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank radiiochick
Columbia, Maryland
“Ladies night out”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

They have seasonal specialty menus with drinks and food. My friends and I went out Chris was the bartender. He made us one of the best margaritas I have ever had. We also tried the mojitos which were so good. For dinner they recommended the blackened catfish which was to die for.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vicki H
“Terrific Crab Cake”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife, daughter and myself just had the Wednesday Crab Cake and fries special for $14.99.
What a deal. The 1/2 pound crab cake was full of lump crab meat and it was delicious. The fries were good too. I am not sure how they serve a crab cake that full of lump meat at that price, but more power to them.
I would put the Corner Stable crab cake up against Fraidley's crab cake (Lexington Market in Baltimore) as it is that GOOD. My wife and I live on the Eastern Shore so I would think we are a fairly good judge of crab cakes.
The service was fast and courteous and we will be back. They had plenty of big screen tv's so we could check the scores of the O's and Caps.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Frugaldog
Jessup, Maryland
“Great Service”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I used the Corner Stable as our rehearsal dinner sight. It was a wonderful experience. Not a traditional "fancy" style, but that is not what we were going for. The crabcakes and ribs are absolutely amazing.

Visited January 2013