“A great local place to eat with delicious Crab cakes and Ribs.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corner Stable

Corner Stable
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 254 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Laurel, Maryland
“A great local place to eat with delicious Crab cakes and Ribs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time going to Corner Stable after it was converted from Michael's. They did a really good job, it is a lot brighter and the atmosphere is friendly.
I ordered the crab cake sandwich and my husband ordered the crab cake and half rack. The food came out almost immediately. The crab cake was awesome. Very little filler and the fries were delicious. I tried my husband's ribs, and the meat fell right off the bone. The sauce was yummy.
They have a great selection of drinks. It is a great place to have a nice meal or even hang out at the bar.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rimmy G

Columbia, Maryland
“Unbelievable fall off the bone ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The corner stable was a nice little find tucked away in the back of a columbia shopping center. Nice big clean restaurant with a nice little sports bar attached. My co workers and I had the ribs and crab cake specials. The ribs were simply amazing. That is all I can say. They had a Texas barbeque sauce on them and the ribs were so tender they fell off the bone. I did not have the crab cakes but my friends said they were right up there with the best crab cakes they have ever had. Very little filler all jumbo lump crab. We all had different sides. No complaints there either. The atmosphere had a racing element to it. There are family pictures everywhere of Maryland horse racing. Over all nice vib to it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It will be on my favorites list when friends and family are in town.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Vicki H
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Brisket like Texas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Surprisingly good brisket sandwich with slaw. A Texan should know. I hear the ribs are excellent. Most people do the take out.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Karl R
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“good ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants for ribs. Generally not a lot of waiting time later on a Saturday evening. Although the place is always full.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mary T
Columbia, Maryland
“Neighborhood Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've been to the Corner Stable at least 6 times. Besides being so convenient, the food is consistently good but level of service varies. On our last visit Kyra was our server and she was the best so far. Very friendly and attentive without being annoying! Great smile, too!

Despite having been told by the management via another review site that I can request substitute for French fries on the "specials," at no additional charge, I have to practically beg every time for steamed broccoli or veggies instead of the fries. Hey, if I'm ordering a broiled crab cake, chances are I'm watching what I eat! If they can become more accustomed to and tolerant of those crazies like me who really don't want French fries, it'd be much happier experience!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MdRealtor

Been to Corner Stable? Share your experiences!