“first visit”
Review of Corner Stable

Corner Stable
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 263 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We went there mid-week because of a gift card we had gotten.

The first point is that the main entrance to the restaurant is best served by the far parking lot, not the main one in front of Harris Tweeter -- but that is not a big deal.

I ordered fish & chips, my wife ordered a hamburger. The fish was quite good, but only two pieces instead of the three as described in the menu. Aske the server, and she said that manager had just recently switched to bigger portions -- hence the difference. OK.

My wife's hamburger was fairly good. Not the best, and not the worst.

What was bad were the french fries. The menu seemed to praise them as something special. We've not had many that bad. They were soggy, limp and not very hot.

We've still got something left on the gift card, but next time we will definitely substitute for the fries.

1  Thank R Dale S
There are newer reviews for Corner Stable

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We ate at Corner Stable and my husband and I shared the order of ribs and crab cake. It came with 2 sides and it was plenty to feed us for a late night dinner. We had the honey bar b q sauce which was good...not spicy. I had bought the Groupon for Corner Stable, but had not read the fine print on the coupon and it was not good on Saturdays, fyi. We'll have to go back another night to use it! Overall, a good place for yummy ribs and crab cakes. Our waitress was friendly.

3  Thank TRJRM
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place has really grown on me over 6-7 visits in the past few months. What seals the deal for me is the really good service in the bar. Even when they're "slammed" on Friday for Happy Hour the staff does a great job of keeping things moving.
I haven't had the ribs, but I really like the "trio slider". One each of pulled pork, crab cake, and a really good spicy chicken.
Nice selection of beers on draft, I'm partial to the 1554 dark lager. On the most recent visit the bartenders were really patient and helpful with a table full of people (us!) with 2 people who didn't know what they wanted to drink. The made great suggestions, and the Cinnamon Whisky mixed with cider was a big hit!
The only minor complaint I can make is the music can be a bit too loud in the bar, but that might just be me!

2  Thank IrishFan
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This restaurant is way over priced for the poor quality of food. I have eaten here a couple of times and now I will not return; I gave them enough chances. I have been disappointed with every meal I have had here. The food is such poor quality it amazes me that they charge so much. The sandwiches have wilted lettuce & tomatoes, the french fries are limp and the service is mediocre. I haven't had the ribs and by the reviews it may be their only decent item on the menu. The crab cakes are not noteworthy, neither are the burgers or the shrimp salad sandwich. The food seems like it was bought frozen at the Harris Teeter, heated up then served to me. I felt like I could do better cooking it at home myself. And I don't cook! Even the desserts are over priced so I didn't bother trying any.

1  Thank carrie0866
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The ribs definitely shine - very tender and we chose to get the sauces on the side - Texas (smoky) and BBQ (sweeter). The crab cake was OK - more filler than we normally like. There is also a decent selection of micro brews on tap. Overall, a good experience although a little pricey.

2  Thank Sujata410