“Wonderful Indian Right In Columbia” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 249 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, Maryland
“Wonderful Indian Right In Columbia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We keep going back to Royal Taj because it's one of the best Indian restaurants we've ever found ... anywhere. Our favorite in Salmon Tikka Masala, but we haven't had anything we haven't liked. And the lunch buffet is a great bargain.

Colebrook, New Hampshire
“What a wonderful experience!!! Felt like I was welcome as a king or celebrity ;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Wow!!!

I'm very impressed...

I really love Indian food and this restaurant really deeply impress me...

I arrived early, before the restaurant even open... I was welcome with open arms... A server took my coat, I was welcome by the owner and 6 servers... Can't hardly ask for more...

The ambiance was fantastic! Very calming and soothing music... Not too loud... Very comfortable and very very clean restrooms...

Delicious papadam with usual 3 sauces were on the table which I really enjoy (I was starving!!!)

As appetizer, I took the Vegetable Pakora... Delicious!!! Then the owner came discuss with me and felt he was so proud and accomplished of his restaurant... He offered me a complimentary glass of wine (what a nice touch and greatly appreciated after a long day...).

Then I had the Mutter Paneer also excellent... I'm vegetarian so I tried to avoid meat when possible on the road..

They also offered me a Gulab Jamun for dessert... Small, light and highly delicious!!!

It was the perfect meal experience and I really did enjoy it....

• Visited March 2014
Burtonsville, Maryland
“Excellent indian cuisine and service at Royal Taj”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is our 4th or 5th time visiting the restaurant for dinner. Really good indian cuisine and broad selection on the menu. The staff is also excellent, very attentive and prompt. Judging by the long line at the door, their reputation in the area is well known. The Maitre'D even came by and offered my wife a complimentary glass of wine to go with her dinner, did not expect that but its a welcomed gesture of hospitality.

The room lighting could be a bit brighter as I could hardly read the menu but that's a minor problem.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Amazing Indian Food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I saw that this restaurant was rated #1 by Tripadvisor in Columbia, MD, so I decided to try it. I ordered some food for carry out. Everything I got was so tasty and well made. I was born in India and know what good Indian food tastes like, and this food is excellent.

Cockeysville Hunt Valley, Maryland
“FOOD ALLERGIES?.....ROYAL TAJ CARES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The meal that I was served was beyond excellent! DEFINITELY FINE DINING/SERVICE. I was unable to enjoy the choices on the buffet due to food allergies. The owner/staff were most patient/caring and made a genuine effort to help me to be comfortable and trust in their abilities to prepare a delicious meal for me. Although I've traveled nationally/internationally by land, air, and sea, I have been disappointed on several occasions, at the unwillingness of many food service providers to be truthful about ingredients and preparation. However, the Royal Taj, whose owner/staff were dedicated to upholding their standards while considering my food choice challenges, far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who would like to feel that the staff can be trusted to remember to eliminate those food items that might cause an allergic reaction. DELICIOUSLY GREAT MEAL!

• 5 of 5 stars

Been to Royal Taj? Share your experiences!