“Fine Dinning!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Taj

Royal Taj
Ranked #1 of 252 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fine Dinning!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place really lives up to its reputation. My only complaint is that it took them a while to bring me the menu. It should have been brought over right away. Also, they only have pepsi products. ugh... Well, the salad was okay "fresh" more or less. The main meal though was exquisite. I ordered the Lentil dish and Naan bread with raisins and almonds. What a combination. The bread was topped with a raspberry topping. Very sweet. The waiter was pleasant and helpful. I would very much like to go back to this place.

• Visited September 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Awesome Indian Food-Comfortable Atmosphere-Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I'm writing this just after finishing the last delicious bit of leftovers (way too good to not take with us) from a wonderful meal at Royal Taj. Friendly, comfortable vibe from the staff-always there to refill your water yet not overbearing. The main courses are placed in a flame heated metal bowl so the food stays hot-awesome! I went vegetarian and had the Alu Methi-just excellent. Our party of four were all knocked out by the place. Will definitely be back to Royal Taj!

Visited September 2013
“Horrible guest service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The guy who takes cre of the guest service desk was outright rude and obnoxious. They charged me a full value for my 2 year old saying he ' occupied' one seat on a busy day
Would never ever go back

• 2 of 5 stars
Columbia, Maryland
“Exceeded expectations :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My father in law recommended us trying the Rum Punch. *thumbs up*
Über tasty~ Staff was incredibly diligent, attentive, and friendly. Impeccable service and the freshness of the herbs and spices was perfect~! They even gave us desserts on the house~

<3 you guys over there~~~ Namaste☼

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful food. Amaaazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

On a "staycation" in nearby Columbia, Maryland (I live in Silver Spring and checked into a nearby Marriott as a respite from the usual), I ventured out to this popular Indian restaurant.

My party of two (2) did not have a reservation on a busy Sunday evening. We were warmly welcomed and asked to wait about 15 minutes. Based on the delightful fragrances floating through the room, we were happy to do so! As I was walking with a cane, my friend and I were kindly offered seating in the waiting area. When a lovely, candlelit booth opened by the window, we were escorted to our dining table.

Service was prompt and efficient. Our questions were answered thoroughly. The team approach to service meant that we never waited for fresh beverages or delivery of the next item. Every staff member's attention was woven with elegance and kindness.

The food was delicious! Iced tea was crisp and flavorful. Basmati rice was cooked to perfection. Chicken tikka was tender and complimented by a smooth marsala sauce. Chicken saag was creamy and spiced exactly as I asked. The pakora were a bit heavier than expected and mostly made with potatoes rather than the assortment of vegetables that I expected. But that was only a minor disappointment. And it was the only one.

I saw couples, small parties and large family gatherings including children. All were treated with great care. The food was great, service fabulous and the price quite reasonable. I would definitely go here again!

• 5 of 5 stars

Been to Royal Taj? Share your experiences!