“THE ABSOLUTE BEST CHOICE FOR INDIAN FOOD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Taj

Royal Taj
Ranked #1 of 251 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ellicott City, Maryland
“THE ABSOLUTE BEST CHOICE FOR INDIAN FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

What can I say that does justice to Royal Taj. First of all, you are immediately made welcome by Bindar in a very attractive restaurant. The food is way beyond delicious and the sauces are the best ever. You can't go wrong with just about anything on the menu from chicken tiika masala to saag, And if you can't decide, there is an all-you-can eat luncheon buffet daily and on the weekends. This place is worth a trip and I guarantee you won't be sorry. JUST GO!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jeffreyb406

“Delicious dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Our group of four enjoyed everything we ordered as well as the complementary taste of chicken tiki masala and wine for the ladies. Staff was friendly and attentive. Also very clean and pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lauriejls
Columbia, Maryland
“Nice buffet, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My daughter loves this restaurant and had been urging me to go with her and try the lunch buffet. I have to say that I am not a fan of Indian food, but I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff is friendly and efficient. Our water glasses were refilled before they were empty and the owner even stopped by our table to make sure everything was okay. There are several choices on the buffet and all the dishes I tried were good. I really enjoyed the Chai tea and the fresh naan that was brought to our table. I will return again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 10isgirl
Maryland
“Best Indian Food in the Baltimore Metro area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been to most Indian restaurants in teh Baltimore Metro area, and this is hands-down the best. From the service to the food quality, it can't be beat. The Maitre D' and owner greets you like an old friend, the staff is attentive and my kids won't go to any other Indian restaurant. Whether it's dinner off the ala carte menu, or lunch buffet, it's all outstanding.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Find any way you can to make a stop or special trip here, you will not be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well this is just one of those preaching to the choir reviews. Everyone knows this place is wonderful and I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and say, THIS PLACE IN WONDERFUL!

I have never had to wait for a seat, which is pretty crazy because this place gets packed (guess I just always hit it at a good time). You will know why it is packed when you delve into your first bite of chicken tikka masala...pure bliss.

I have always come here for the lunch buffet on Sunday. You are greeted by extremely friendly and accommodating staff (the owner in particular), he is just so nice. Plus the whole time he is doing rounds and visiting tables (at one point he was walking around with someone's baby haha). Plus the staff keeps your table clear of plates and your drinking glass full.

Now onto the food, off the buffet I had chicken tikka (my fav indian dish) and it was perfect, served with the fluffy and flavorful basmati rice and you have a party in your mouth. I also has the saag paneer (the green spinachy) dish. Both were excellent and having all this wrapped in the perfectly cooked piece of naan bread, well, I can assure you, you are a Royal Taj convert from that point on. When a place can do a buffet and not have any quality of the food be sacrificed, that is very commendable and that is what Royal Taj has accomplished.

The lunch buffet is very large, they have chicken tikka, the spinach dish, a lamb dish, a fish dish, a crepe maker who is putting something in them (not really sure, did not pick one up). They have the fried veggies and tandoori chicken.

Just when you think it is done, they continue to amaze me. The whole time I had my eye on the gulab jamun. I talked about these in my Rasika review, but will do so again because their gloriousness should reach far and wide haha. These are little cheese based dessert balls, but they do not taste cheesy at all. Instead they taste like a pancake ball that has been simmering in a light maple syrup. It is served warm and I have trouble stopping myself from not grabbing the whole container and bringing it to my table haha. Royal Taj had amazing gulab jamun and it was the perfect end to a perfect meal.

I would recommend this place in a heart beat. It's warm, inviting, and the food is just really really good. It's one of those meals that when you take the first bite, you close your eyes, lean back a bit, and just think, "ah yes!" (or maybe I am just that creepy person at the buffet and the only one who does that haha)!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Been to Royal Taj? Share your experiences!