“Excellent place to stay!”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Staff is very friendly. The front desk staff offered me a bottle of ice water and It is really great especially you have gone a long trip. The facility is clean and looks like new (if it not). Good breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Yi P
Kelsey E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear Yi P,

Wow, thank you so much for all the positive feedback on your recent stay with us! I'm so glad you had an enjoyable stay and that you find us "excellent"! We hope to see you in the future!!!

Kelsey Eaton

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Columbia, MD a week ago for a 6 night vacation stay. Each morning we had a fabulous choice of breakfast foods that varied each day. Hot coffee/water was available all day, which was great for that late evening pick-me-up! The kids enjoyed the pool each evening after a long day of sight seeing. I only wished there was an on sight laundry facility as we had to do some laundry during the week long stay. Fortunately, the laundromat was only a little over a mile away. The one thing that I would strongly recommend...the front desk crew be a little bit more knowledgeable with questions regarding local things...I.E..laundromat. When asked, I was told that he didn't know of one in the area, but we could use their valet laundry services, which were not cheap. He didn't attempt to locate one for us. If it wasn't for Siri, we would not have been aware one was in the area. The housekeeping service was great. Rugs were vacuumed, bathroom was spotless. Never a complaint when we asked for something out of the norm. A hefty tip was left for their hard work. I have stayed at other Hampton Inns in other states and have never had a bad stay. Strongly recommend for a family!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tysonsmom

Dear tysonsmom,

Thank you SO much for your review of our hotel here in Columbia. I am so glad you had a great stay with us and were pleased with our daily hot breakfast and pool! Additionally, thank you for bringing up the short-comings of our service. We are always look on ways to improve, and now I know that we need to be more knowledgeable on more than just restaurants in the area.

Once again, thank you for the positive review and we hope to see you in the future!!

Kelsey Eaton

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn! We were in town for an outdoor concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion. We asked the front desk associate if she would take our picture before leaving for the concert. She gladly did and offered us bottles of water. When we returned late on a Sunday night, unable to find a restaurant open, a different front desk associate offered to get us something from the breakfast bar. He got us a few items. We were grateful for their help! Our room and the bathroom were just fine, as was the workout room!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank barbarasO9236DD
Amanda B, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Barbaras,
Thank you for ranking our accommodations and staff service 5 stars during your recent trip to Columbia. Our team takes pride in providing each guest with a memorable experience and I'm delighted they were able to exceed your expectations.
Safe travels

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am currently staying at the Hampton Inn for a week long business trip. When I arrived well after check-in time, I had to wait for a room to be available. Now knowing that the housekeepers clean the rooms well into the evening, I am not surprised. Overall, the property is a nice, clean Hampton Inn. The rooms are large, clean and well kept for the most part. The beds are magnificent. Soft and comfortable, and there is a nice workspace. That being said, in my room particular room, the toilet breaks frequently, requiring me to fix it at least once a day. Being a fan of Hampton Inns, for value and service, I am disappointed. Every day when I go down for breakfast, the "hot items" are gone. Eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, pans are empty, no matter what time I am in the breakfast area between six and seven, and I have yet to see them be refilled. Today, not only was the food gone, but the coffee was as well. For two days in a row, housekeeping has been cleaning my room when I return to the hotel, after 4:00pm. This is absolutely unacceptable. The job housekeeping does is inconsistent. Several days, one of two trash cans were not emptied. My water cups have not been replaced and coffee basket was not refilled, in fact, I had to ask one of the housekeepers for coffee for my in-room machine. There is not much privacy in the hotel, as you can hear conversations taking place as you're walking down the hall, and you can see in windows with the shades drawn. The assistant manager was helpful today, and quite friendly and accommodating. The lobby has fresh, hot cookies occasionally. The location is good, about an hour drive to DC, thirty minutes to the Inner Harbor. I will likely stay again, but hope the issues I have identified will be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicolle M

Thank you so much for staying with us and I was so glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and the staff friendly and accommodating! Please let us know when you visit us again if you encounter challenges as you mentioned. Myself and the entire staff are here to assist you and find you an immediate solution to any issue you may be experiencing. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columiba!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I always stay at the Hampton because of the nice white duvet covers! Only complaint I have is that the cost is sometimes higher than it should be. Other than that, no complaints. The complimentary breakfast has a wide variety of items so that everyone on diets can find a suitable choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan H

Hello Joan H,
Thank for your comments and we were all delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad you enjoy our beds, we look for all our guest to enjoy a peaceful stay . Please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area and want to relax and don't forget to check out some of the exciting and entertaining evernts in the Columbia and Baltimore area.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while visiting family in the Columbia area. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was fabulous,with lots of choices in food items. The room was spacious and clean. We were in walking distance of resturants and food stores. Easy access onto the 100 or 29 road ways. Not far from Washington DC...Will stay there again on my next trip...Thank you Hampton for a kind and caring staff also.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen S

Hello Karen S ,
Thank for your comments and we were all delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast selection that we were able to provide for you. Please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area and want to relax and don't forget to check out some of the exciting and entertaining evernts in the Columbia and Baltimore area.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Booked on hotels.com for a good rate. I was not picky about location. Pleasantly surprised to find I booked a clean new hotel with free breakfast. Fridge and microwave in our room. Indoor pool heavy on the chlorine.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ScottS21
Amanda B, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your continued loyalty and your genuine words about our staff and overall accommodations. It is our goal to ensure that each of our guests has a memorable experience every time they choose to stay with us and I am happy to know that you do. I will Speak to our Chief Engineer regarding the chlorine in the pool , Thanks for the feedback I look forward to when we can welcome you back to the hotel. Kind regards, Kristian