All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwould stay here againrecommend this hotelfree breakfastoff the highwayyogurtvisiting familyexercise roomindoor poolthe breakfast areagreat roomcookiesexcellent stayking bedbusiness tripinns
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I arrived late via BWI. Instead of grabbing some junk food closer to the airport/Baltimore, I foolishly tried to find a drive through closer to the facility. This was a mistake, all but the local wendy's were closed and the food there was fowl at midnight - it was obviously cooked earlier and kept warm for a long time.

So, as long as out of hours dining isn't on your agenda, this hotel was a nice, smooth transaction and stay. It was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

I have to admit, that if I had read the review on here (from David, below) about the Fred Phelps connection with the management, that I wouldn't given them my patronage. I don't think that religious fundamentalism and business should be mixed, let alone hate-crime groups that wish death upon people.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NCLimey
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Staff was very helpful, especally when I needed directions to the local hospital. Hotel was clean. Good breakfast except for the powdered eggs.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Columbia, Md. from November 4 - 6, 2011. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The staff was outstanding. They were always helpful, even looking up directions were needed one night and printing them for us to take as a reference. Really one of the best hotel experiences I've had. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was seated in the dining area, where the gracious staff serves a good breakfast. While minding my own business, I was verbally accosted by a "religious" group. One woman in particular continually called me a hateful anti-gay slur, and told me that I was going to burn in hell. This continued for some time. After informing the front desk, I was told that the group was staying at the hotel for free, as guest of the management, given their stature as "good Christians." The offenders proudly declared that they were in town to support Fred Phelps (the leader of the "church" that pickets the funerals of soldiers). They were allowed to remain in the common area and continue to barrage me with insults as I attempted to finish my breakfast. They also used a cell phone to call others and scream, loudly, the same hateful and obscene slurs. All this in a room full of people including children. Instead of removing these bigots from the premises, the manager left to go to the bank. In fairness, the rest of the staff was extremely accommodating, polite, and kind. But a situation like this should have been handled by the manager, and the police. The verbal attacks continued into the parking lot as I was leaving. When I later called to discuss the situation, the manager acted annoyed that I hadn't just shut up and endured the attacks. I would stay as far away from this place as possible. In addition, the rooms were shabby and not particularly clean: certainly not worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
11  Thank David M
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Most of the staff members at this Hampton Inn were extremely helpful and friendly. There was one guy (possibly management level) who was rushing a guest before us and didn't even want to check us in...ended up dumping us on another staff member. He should know that leading by example is key. But I digress! The rooms were of standard size with mini fridges in all of them but there is no lock boxes in the rooms (we had 3 rooms). All the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. They offer breakfast from 6-10AM, free Wi-fi and have an indoor pool. We stayed two nights and each morning they offered a little something different. Some items offered at breakfast: pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, french toast pieces, sausage, omelet, cereal, toast, muffins, coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit, etc. Nothing was extraordinary but I was pretty happy with our stay so my overall rating is very good.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends