“Totally Bias” 5 of 5 stars

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Totally Bias”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went to this venue to see one of my favorite bands, so this will be a totally bias review. There is not a bad seat in the entire venue. I had a lawn ticket and had probably more fun than the pavilion people. The quality of the sound again was outstanding. If you get an opportunity to check it out, I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2013

Bethlehem, NH
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Vigin Mobile Freefest 2013 Security Sucked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Security sucks here. My kids have been to 4 Music Fests this summer and this security was the worst. Lazy. After getting there early to see Vampire Weekend and I mean early. They were only allowed to see the first act at that stage and then made to clear the floor for the next performers. The crowds were rough. We were told that hey man its a music fest what do you expect. People were hurting my daughter so bad she couldn't breath and the security just looked at her like it was nothing. She was shoved up against the rails so much her ribs are bruised and her chest is totally black and blue. Never Again. She was really afraid she was going be crushed. Its supposed to be fun but not out of control. Not sure what the deal is because the night before Imagine Dragons was great. I think they sold way to many tickets for the "FreeFest" that wasn't free at all. One more thing if you left to use a bathroom you couldn't go back in.

Elkton, Maryland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome place for a concert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We sat in the Pavilion for Imagine Dragons. The show was spectacular. There are tons of concessions to choose from but are pricy. $5.50 for a soda, $12 for a 24 oz. Corona, $11 for a 24 oz. Bud Light Lime, $10 for a 16 oz. craft brew and smallish bag of kettle corn $7.00. Plenty of restrooms. Would definitely go back for another concert.

Odenton, Maryland
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“getting better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've been attending events at Merriweather since 1987 and in the last several years, I've noticed a significant decline in the facility overall ... until last night. There have been some upgrades! Some of the toilets have automatic flushers, some sinks now have automatic sensors as well. What I didn't like was the price hike from last year. A frozen margarita was $8 last year & $14 last night at the Imagine Dragons concert. Hotdogs were $8 and a bottle of water is still $4. A nice addition was the Scoops4u ice cream/sorbet food truck.

It would be nice if there was a way to provide dedicated paths across the lawn so that you can find your way back to your blanket in the dark. The paths wouldn't need to be overly large but one 12 inch path down the middle of the lawn and three off to each side that are about 6 inches wide.

Get there early if you want lawn seating. My daughter and I took Merriweather up on The Gatecrasher event and within 5 minutes of the interior gate opening allowing guests onto the lawn, the first 10 yards of the lawn was completely full.

1 Thank GingerSfromMD
Stuttgart, Germany
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A friend and I went to see The Postal Service play here. We bought the tickets two days before the event and were able to get fabulous seats. Get there early! There is free parking in the grass right outside of the venue. It was such a pain to leave. We sat in the car for almost a half hour before we even drove out of our parking spot. The food is expensive but what do you expect? There is a lot of choice for food and drinks which is nice.

Visited June 2013