“Nice Venue” 4 of 5 bubbles

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Nice Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Attended first concert at Merriweather and watched The Killers. Great show. I thought the pavilion and outdoor amphitheater seating provided very good sound quality. It is ranked one of the top amphitheaters in the country. Great selection of food and drink - but be prepared to pay a lot as it is pretty pricey. You are better off bringing your own "beverages" and enjoying them while tailgating in the parking lot. Thought getting in and out of the parking lot was relatively easy. I would certainly attend a concert again at Merriweather.

Annapolis, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Lovely Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Merriweather is one of my favorite concert venues around because of its location, charm, and well, I graduted from high school here! I have been to two concerts at MPP so far this summer, with another planned for the end of the month. Both times the music and sound were great, the staff was courteous, and we had a great experience overall.

Most recently, we attended a concert on 8/8, and the portable toilets were actually in poor condition. Hours before the concert had started, women were standing outside of them discussing what to do because the smell coming from the row of portables was so strong and offensive. It was too early in the event for them to have been used by concert attendees, so I would encourage the venue to consider doing more to ensure clean faciltiies between events. The insides were very dirty (putting is nicely) and subseqently everyone was using the three stalls in the nearest handicapped restroom (not an effective solution for guests who truly needed them).

Who knows, perhaps the scheduled service didn't occur as usual, but it was a bummer for such an awesome venue. I know we will return for many more shows, so hopefully this review helps to keep the concerts great!

Elkton, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lovely outdoor pavillion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Loved the outdoor pavillion, but was very unhappy with the main gate. We arrived to the pavillion on our hotel shuttle, when we went through the gate we were ask to be search, which was fine. Then I was told I could not bring in my camera, which is a point and shoot, not professional. I told them I looked their website that mornging and it said as long as it was not a professional camera, which means if the lens come off, if was allowed. Now we are 2 miles away from our hotel and I have to find somewhere for my camera...finally after about 10 minutes we talk to Mary that work for Merriweather and she escorted us to the help counter which held my camera for me. Then we proceeds to our seats and were told we needed a braclets...back to the help counter!!! Finially get in and guess how many people I saw with cameras just like mine, about 20!!! A little ticked off..............

Arnold, Maryland
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Summer Concerts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and I saw O.A.R. here last summer, but have been attending various concerts at this amphitheater for as long as I can remember. The lawn seating is spectacular, with spacious seating, large screens, and an overall great vibe. The pavilion seating is even more wonderful, shelters from the rain, and allows for even better acoustics. Forget lawn chairs if you're on the lawn, bring a durable blanket and a rain jacket. If you're behind the soundboard booth, the ushers are extremely accommodating and might be able to move you to better seats, which they did for us. Expect not the cleanest bathrooms at an outdoor event and expensive food and drinks. Make sure you park in the free parking across the street and not in the paid parking next to the pavilion. And forget about being drunk in the place, they are strict on removing belligerent attendees. As long as it has great performances, I will always be coming back.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kaitlin S
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great vibes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great lawn area. Perfect for picnic dinners before/during a show. Also, very good sheltered seating with great views (from just about any seat). Reasonably priced for those into the latest groups.Overall atmosphere of the grounds very inviting. Really deserves its rating as one of the top 5 outdoor venues..

Visited October 2012