“cool venue~”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“cool venue~”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My 2nd time attending this venue for a concert. Easy to get to and plenty of space. If you're going to an event here after it rained the day before, bring some sort of tarp or plastic bags so you're not sitting on wet muddy grass. Bring extra tissue in case they are out of toilet paper. I went when there was a festival so I'm not sure food is normally available for purchase.

Visited September 2011

Salisbury, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Virgin Mobile Bee Festival 2011”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Went to Merriweather for the Vigin Mobile Free Festival. Normally, this is one of my favorite venues but this time I was getting dive-bombed by yellow jackets all day long. From the time we parked at 10am to early evening it was a total swat-fest. I don't know if there was anything that could be done about it, but it was annoying and potentially deadly to anyone who is allergic. We arrived after massive flooding in the area and I think the festival organizers did what they could with the grounds by laying straw over a lot of the muddy areas. The bathrooms on the other hand were a different story. By the evening hours of the festival I was afraid to even enter the bathroom for fear of contracting some horrible illness. Toilets were overflowing into the aisle between stalls, no soap, no paper towels, a thick layer of mud, used paper products, and who-knows-what covered the floor. A total nightmare. I never once saw any bathroom attendants. I have attended many events at this venue; the grounds and the service of the employees have always been good. I will definitely return but probably not for any shows during the day because of the bees and not for any more large festivals because of the disgusting state of the bathroom facilities.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Stacey S
San Francisco
133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 262 helpful votes
“Great venue but expensive and in need of security!”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Saw Steely Dan and they were terrific. This would be a great venue if they had security or more ushers. The seats are old but ok, the sound system is slightly above average and the flat screens are average. The food is extremely expensive and drinks outrageous. Bring "airplane bottles" buy a softdrink and mix your own. Parking is free so get there early and you can park in the paved covered lot which is close by. It is also easy to get in and out of. The one thing that stands out is the poor security. People light up cigarettes and pot as if they were in the comfort of their own home. I had to ask the guy in back of me not to smoke.

I would get a seat rather than sit on the lawn. The seats on the side are average so if you cannot get center seats and would rather sit on the lawn, get their early as people grab the center lawn seats when the doors open. Alternatively, you can bring your own picnic and sit outside on benches and hear the music for free.

Visited August 2011