We needed rooms for my son's basketball team because they played in a tournament this weekend. These rooms were reasonably priced so we booked. I had no expectations. When we arrived I was happy to see the hotel actually looked like the pictures. We were greeted by very friendly staff and found the lobby to be clean, inviting, and smelled great. It has a ski lodge feel, even has a fire place. The rooms were large and clean, the beds were comfy, the pillows smelled great and were very comfortable, and the pullout was clean with new linen. The boys said the pullout slept great. We are on the road alot so they know a good pullout when they see one. The bathrooms were well lit and clean but we had a leakly tub. The refrigerator, microwave, and stove in the rooms were a plus because we went to the grocery store next door and stocked up to save money. I was happy that the hotel offered a full complimentary hot breakfast in the morning, even though that wasn't advertised with our booking (more money saved!!). The washing machines were FREE, and that was terrific, but it took a long wait to use one of the four machines. I needed to use the wireless internet to work in my room, and I had trouble connecting. Good thing I already had an air card, otherwise, it would have frustrated me to no end. The hotel even had a basketball court outside, a 24 hour snack area (which was priced well), and the downstairs lobby area had a nice waiting area with a TV and free warm cookies. Once the boys won their first game we had a long waiting time until the next game, so we went to Arundel Mills mall which was only 10 minutes away. Hotel is very conveniently located to highway, but food options close early. The tv is ancient. It's a tube tv that pulls out from an armoir and you can't turn the tv, so it's very diffucult to watch from the bed or pullout. The parking stinks, especially if you're coming in late at night. The walls are paper thin. We could hear people talking that were 3-4 doors down and if anyone talked in the hallways it felt like they were in your room. We asked for non-smoking rooms and we didn't smell any smoke from other floors or rooms. Overall, I'd certainly recommend this hotel and we'll be back if we play in this area again. I was pleasantly surprised because I've never stayed a Staybridge. I'll certainly look for this banner hotel again in the next city we go to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sonesta ES Suites Columbia near Baltimore is your home away from home. Conveniently located within the Washington, DC / Baltimore corridor, our all new Sonesta ES Suites Columbia is located within a residential area with easy access to Interstate I95 and I70 and Gateway Business Park home to several major business such as Johns Hopkins APL, Sun Microsystems, Magellan Health, MICROS, Sears Logistic, Peak Technologies, Corvis, SAIC, and Hitachi Data Systems. The hotel is convenient to Baltimore Orioles baseball, Baltimore Ravens football, FedEx Field home to the Washington Redskins, the Inner Harbor, historic Annapolis, the U.S. Naval Academy, Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History & Culture, Washington, DC, the Smithsonian Museums. The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia offers a choice of three spacious suite accommodations. Our guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet unwind at end of their day with our evening receptions Tuesday to Thursday. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pet fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Staybridge Suites Columbia