“Best Sandwiches In Columbia”
Review of Bon Fresco

Bon Fresco
Ranked #15 of 263 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: twitter: @bonfresco
Description: twitter: @bonfresco
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm a native of Columbia and I can't believe I hadn't heard about this place until recently. This is absolutely the best place to get a quick sandwich in all of Columbia. The ingredients are all fresh, sandwiches are inventive, original, and delicious, and prices are very reasonable. Most sandwiches come on ciabatta bread which they bake fresh on site, it's crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. I try to force myself to try different sandwiches but I keep going back to the London Broil, which is the best roast beef sandwich I've ever had anywhere. The brownies are equally impressive. They also make challah bread in time for the weekend, which is some of the best I've ever had. This is a family owned place, the staff is friendly, and in the 2 years or so I've been going here I always see the same employees, which I feel speaks well for a restaurant. The only drawback is that it's a small place that gets very crowded, and while service is always quick it is sometimes impossible to find a seat during peak hours.

There are newer reviews for Bon Fresco

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We eat here regularly. Gerald bakes the bread fresh daily and the ingredients are more interesting than the typical sandwich shop (ie: London Broil, Brie with caramelized onions...). They also have spicy style if that is your speed. The pastry is delicious (also made fresh daily) especially the chocolate-filled croissants! Sides are inventive and tasty. Very popular place and no wonder!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had gone here once the first month they opened & hadn't been back since until recently with my husband. His coworkers introduced him to it and we went for dinner one day. Not quite an ideal "sit down" place....but definitely a great grab-and-go sandwich spot. Food is fresh and yummy!! Definite potential to take their menu to the next level.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

There's a world-class baker at work here, turning out some of the best ciabattas and focaccias you'll ever taste. Then he uses them as the foundation for a delightful array of creative and reasonably priced sandwiches. We've never been disappointed in our many visits. Also, there are tasty soups and salads made fresh every day. You like pastries? Try his ... and smile!

If you've lived in Howard County a long time, you might remember an amazing sandwich restaurant called Roy's Place Too. It's been gone for some time, but for my money, Bon Fresco takes its crown as the best maker of sandwiches around.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The bread is great and made in-house, the prices reasonable (6-7 bucks per sandwich), and it's an independent-- what's to not like?

The london broil (served warm) on ciabatta is outstanding. The pork loin was decent but could have used spice/heat rather than the saltiness of olive tapenade.

Parking area is smallish. Interior is larger/nicer than I expected for a "sandwich shop".

This is a decent spot for a casual meal (thanks HowChow blog for mentioning it!), good enough to add to my rotation. I really enjoy this sort of small, local restaurant...eat local!

1  Thank Omar S