“Best Sandwich Shop -- ANYWHERE”
Review of Bon Fresco

Bon Fresco
Ranked #16 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: twitter: @bonfresco
Description: twitter: @bonfresco
Columbia, Maryland, USA
“Best Sandwich Shop -- ANYWHERE”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Bon Fresco is our #1 quick casual restaurant by a wide margin. Our family goes there about once a week so we've established a great relationship with the owner, Gerald. We're always greeted personally and he's quick to throw in freebies to reward our frequent patronage.

As for the food, well the homemade soups and sandwiches are all terrific. London Broil sandwiches, the amazing saffron tomato soup, and the chicken curry salad are all definite favorites. But you really go for the sourdough bread that comes with all the sandwiches and soups. It's often still warm -- right out of the oven. Gerald knows that I often ask to buy a couple of extra rolls of the sourdough.

Be careful visiting BF for a weekday lunch however. It's grown so popular that it can be tricky getting in the door some days. So I'd recommend an evening or Saturday visit (they are never open on Sundays).

• Visited December 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“I have mixed feelings”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We go here alot-- most often we get the london broil -- Sides are too limited and other options off to the right are stale with little taste. I love the sandwich's and service is ehhhh... theres only a couple of employees and I have not found any of them very cheerful or attentive. They are very fresh as multiple reviewers have noted -- the only thing I have noticed is that they lack flavoring.... alot of the options I have tasted apart from the london broil come off to me as being bland

• Visited November 2012
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Great little sandwich joint”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The fresh-baked bread and veggie toppings/condiments alone were worth the search to find this out-of-the way little cafe. You order at the counter, and they call your number when ready. They didn't seem to have a printed menu, except on the wall. They offer sandwiches, salads, soups, a veggy platter, and desserts. Drinks are self-service. My chicken breast sandwich was served on a perfect ciabatta with caramelized onions and a wonderful sun-dried tomato pesto--delicious! I spent an extra $0.50 for a side of couscous salad and was disappointed -- it was really bland. Still. It's worth the trip. Go, enjoy a sandwich, soup, and/or salad.

Visited December 2012
Laurel, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely great!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I tell everyone that they sell gourmet sandwiches at non-gourmet prices. After trying the chicken breast sandwich on the picante menu, I can't seem to try anything else. Excellent!

• Visited November 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“a new definition of fresh!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Fresh baked breads, and sandwiches made to order on those fresh breads. This place stays very busy. They have organic soups made fresh daily, and these are delicious. They even have extras like banana peppers and they are happy to cater to the customer. Limited seating in a very plain lunchroom setting, so you might want to carry out.

Visited November 2012