“My favorite Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, Maryland
“My favorite Hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I love this hotel and my kids also loved it. The breakfast is great the staff is amazing and the Manager was very welcoming. I connected with more than one associate. I love th rooms very spacious and up to date the lobby is beautiful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Ashley C.,

Thanks a million for your kind and positive words about our hotel and our team! We are very proud of the service levels and friendliness of everyone on the team.

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. Please come back and see us soon.

Chuck Chandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been traveling extensively for work since February. Very nice room - spacious, good working desk, nice shower, good lighting, Good breakfast.The staff has come to know me, by name and welcome me each time I walk in. Parminder, the current manager, have each gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and appreciated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel and the staff have been a blessing over the last 3+ months. I have been traveling extensively for work since the beginning of January. I travel weekly on Mondays and Saturdays which means I've been spending more time in a hotel than I have at home. The staff has come to know me, if not by name, at least by face and welcome me each time I walk in the door. Bryan, the previous manage, and Parminder, the current manager, have each gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and appreciated. I have traveled a lot of the years and I try to make Marriott my hotel of choice wherever I go. But I can honestly say that regardless of the hotel brand, this hotel and staff have made me feel the most appreciated and welcomed. The hotel team listen to my needs and suggestions and immediately act on them. They try, and they have been successful every time, to put me in the same room for each stay. Being on the road so much is very inconsistent so it is nice to have some consistency when you're pretty much living out of a hotel. The breakfasts are great - from fruits and cold cuts to hot waffles and oatmeal. The décor is very warm and inviting and I have never had a problem with my room; which has always been clean and ready for me upon my arrival - no matter what time I arrive. I have a number of choices in hotels - even other Marriott hotels - in the area around my office however this is my hotel of choice. The check-in/check-out process smooth, the internet is easily accessed and quick, the bathrooms are clean, the working area is efficient and the couch and bed are comfortable. I couldn't ask for more. The combination of a great hotel and a great staff make for a great stay and I will recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks SpringHill Suites Columbia.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have walk-in showers which are very lit and clean.
Green Features: Towels are only swapped out if you leave them on the floor or note that they should be replaced in order to conservation resources.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Very nice room - spacious, good working desk, nice shower, good lighting.
My only complaint is the Ridiculously thin "comforter" that feels more like a bed sheet! Feels Cheap and skimpy. Terrible! Asked for a second comforter and that changed everything.
Very friendly staff! Would stay again - with second comforter on the bed!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel has one of the best continental breakfasts ever: while the scrambled eggs were okay, the ham was excellent. They also served a nice variety of cheese and fruit; and excellent (not instant) oatmeal with all the fixin's, i.e. brown sugar, raisins, dried cranberries, coconut, and walnuts. One morning, they served home fries, but it might have been a St. Patrick's Day special, I'm not sure. Staff was unbelievably helpful. For example, we had gotten snowed in, and both the hotel manager, Mr. Singh, and Rhonda at the front desk offered to clear off our van and to offload and transport our luggage. This is exceptional!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
James L.,

Thanks for your wonderful review. We have a great team and your remarks about Rhonda and Mr. Singh are appreciated and will be shared with them.

The new Breakfast program has been incredibly well recieved by our guests and you are one that really enjoyed some of the new aspects. The Ham and fresh Oatmeal are very popular! I am glad you enjoyed them.

Thank you for coosing to stay with us. We hope you come back soon Chuck Chandler
Delaware
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this location for a soccer tournament. The hotel was clean. Rooms were a great size.
I did think the actual breakfast area where the food was displayed was very confined. Because everything is in one long line when it's busy there is just a clump of people bouncing off each other. Even the breakfast staff spent time just kind of standing in the walkway because of the tight area. There are plenty of areas to sit.
The hotel windows open. This is not a common feature. I didn't notice until the morning. We were on the ground floor. Our window was unlocked. This was definitely a safety concern to me. I would not have wanted an uninvited guest. Of course on a higher floor this could be an issue if traveling with kids. So check your window.
The nicest thing about the hotel was the staff. Each and every person I came in contact with was so nice, helpful, and genuine.

Stayed March 2014
Laura O.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Your comments are appreciated and will be addressed with our team. Particularly, we are concerned regarding the guest safety implications of the windows missing the safety stops. You are absolutley correct with the first floor and the higher floor concerns. Our Engineering team has re-installed the stops that were missing.

The scramble set-up for the breakfast line can be a lttle difficult when we have large groups of individuals come down at the same time, though we try to accomodate for that with ensuring the food is refilled often.

As your travels bring you back to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites! Chuck Chandler
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Although 90% of the time I stay and prefer full-service brands. I booked a Saturday night stay at this SpringHill because my conference hotel had no availability for my first night in town. I was so impressed with the friendly check-in person who happened to be the AGM. He was very friendly, organized and so professional when asked questions about the area. He was leaving to manage the hotel next door with the same company. It must have been a promotion because he was very astute and professional. The room lay-out was outstanding, the housekeeping was great and the "market" for food purchases and other incidentals was well stocked, fairly priced and has useful items to purchase. Great hotel and experience.

Room Tip: The hotel does not really have any "Views", but I liked my first floor unit on the end.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bryan S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff, and Alex, our former AGM. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.