“Housekeeping always runs late, don't go back to your room before 330-400PM, they may still be working on it!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Columbia

SpringHill Suites Columbia
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hotel is ok, but when you get back to hotel at 330PM, and sometimes even 4PM they are still cleaning the rooms - mine in particular every time. Not sure why Housekeeping isn't finished earlier, this is not a large hotel.

Agree with the previous guest, the hotel is quickly losing its luster. There is a Hampton Inn being built right by it, but it is owned by the same franchise group that runs this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ted F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experienced. Service and taking care of our guests is our top priority on a daily basis. We take pride on being a customer friendly hotel 24/7. Our overall guest satisfaction scores are top in the industry. We are deeply sorry that we did not delivered the type of service that we've known for. We are looking to your next trip. We are determined to win your trust and the opporutinity to serve you in the near future.

We thank you,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stay at this hotel a few days a month, every month, and its quickly losing its "newness." The rooms are not as well kept as they used to be, some small dings and dents on walls and furniture, and the lobby isn't as clean as it used to be. At this point its just...average. I am considering switching to the Courtyard (about 2 miles away) but the free breakfast here is a nice perk- always warm, plenty of choice, and a long buffet table so you're not crammed next to other people as I've found in some hotels. Average (small) gym and not too sure about the pool. Read the other reviews and look at pictures if you like the "style" of the Springhill. If you're not 100% sold, try the Courtyard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ted F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for being loyal to our hotel. We are disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectation. Your comments are very important to us. We have corrected the issues you mentioned. Our team takes great pride on being a service and people driven hotel. We love and appreciate the fact that you have enjoyed our hotel and are pleased to hear that you want to stay with us. Thank you!!! We want to make our hotel your home away from home.

We thank you
Sayre, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is only 3 years old and the decor is very modern, from the lobby to the rooms. Check-in desk reminds me of control station on Star Wars and the filmy curtains around the sitting area in the frigid lobby are different. Breakfast was good although lay-out of serving area is not set up the best for crowds and seating is all open with lobby. Again, very
strange set-up. Rooms are the same way. Open modern concept, very light and airy but again very strange. Separate toilet and wash bowl room with no mirror and a sliding door. Walk-in shower and vanity in another room but no lighting over the huge mirror. Door to bathroom was all filmy glass but whoever is sleeping in bed directly across is going to be subjected to the light and it was annoying when rest if room dark. Should have regular door instead. I was very happy with the thermostat on the wall controlling heat and air but there is no air citculating in the sofa bed area and gets stuffy there. Sofa bed mattress is very thin with coils popping through so I would not suggest for anyone with back problems. All in all a good stay but different.

• Stayed October 2012
Delaware, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Actually it is a nice hotel, just DON'T pick up the phone! Prior to me checking in. I called about the temperture of the pool she said it was really warm, so I booked! I stayed at another springhill suites the night before the pool was FREEZING, when checking into this onel; I told the manager and he was great and upfront, he said why don't you try it and if you don't like it don't feel commited to checking in. it worked out great. location was perfect, breakfast was good (little busy) the hostess could have used more help in stocking items. I used the phone for convienance and made what i assumed were local calls. 5.5 miles away and 10 miles away. the one for 5.5 miles away charged me $70. I had almost $125 in phone charges. in checking out the desk clerk asked me if i had my phone off the hook. she could not explain the charges and when asked to speak a manager he was in the back office and never came out. she eventually adjusted I think $80 of phone calls. I kept asking could I please speak to the manager to review my calls, to avoid this happening to someone else, it was a NO! I had to get on a road for a long drive and I just couldn't fight it anymore, I took whatever I got and left. Such a disappointment. So if you stay here JUST DON'T USE THE PHONE oh and their directory instructions don't match their phone instructions. directory says use a 9, hotel phone says use a 8. the 9 doesn't work. They could have had me at hello! Instead they had me at GOODBYE. There will be a hampton Inn opening right next door to them soon - maybe try them out first before staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kliesmeister
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I liked my stay here in 2011 so much that I came back in 2012. The first thing I noticed is that the decor is very modern--much more like staying in an IKEA store than a traditional hotel. The rooms are laid out nicely. There's a sitting area (and a microwave and fridge) just inside the door and then a desk with sliding panels that can either close it off from the bed area beyond or open up to it. There are two sinks, one in the room with the toilet, one in the room with the shower (no tub). The lighting in the sink in the shower room was quite good for a hotel, too. The breakfast area is spacious; my stay extended into a weekend and even though the hotel was full I had no trouble finding a space to sit. The food is laid out along a long counter, so multiple people can be getting things at once.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I had never stayed at a springhill suites so I was pleasantly surprised at how modern they were. My room was very spacious and quite clean. The workout room small was clean and small. The breakfast the next morning was also really nice. The staff was very friendly when I checked in. The only downfall is that it's in a very corporate area and you can't walk to anything and it offers little in a nice view. But it was fine as I was here for work and a mile down the road were plenty of restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent a night here and it was a perfect stay. Here's what we liked about it:

New
Clean
Large room - lots of space
Friendly front desk and staff
Breakfast Included

The bathroom with the bath/shower and sink was separated from the toilet and sink which made it convenient for the family to get ready. The staff was competent and friendly. Overall, a great stay - I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family