“Well, the beer was good...”
Review of Champps - CLOSED

Champps
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 23, 2014

It's NFL playoff weekend and I'm tired of sitting around hte hotel. So, where better to have a burger and a beer and watch the game, right? On arrival, I was quickly seated adjacent to the glass wall between the seating area and the kitchen. About as close to the TV screens as you can get. Too close. No where else to move. Servers going back & forth and their computer station about 8 feet away.

My server arrives and takes my drink order while I'm reviewing the menu. After pondering the variety of selection, I decided that this was going ot be a carb fest. Bacon cheeseburger medium rare, regular fries and a beer.

Beer arrived quickly. Could have been colder, but it was okay. Burger and fries arrived about 10 minutres after ordering. A little greasy juice running off the burger. Fries were waffle cut and served in a little stainless steel basket.

Burger came with the usual treatments. Other than a little too much bread, it was okay. Nothing special. The fries were pretty good, but not sufficient quantity. Again, nothing special.

Server was attentive, but hovered. Overall, this was just another sports bar with nothing special on the menu. You can expect average performace and price. My meal was $20.

I'm sure glad the beer was good...

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Super slow service. Wrong food. Food was not fully cooked. Burgers are pre-made patties. Definatly not worth $12. Waitress forgot the silverware. This is the first and last time I eat here. Don't bother wasting your money.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We hit this place at the right time. Seated right away. Not too many people. Our server was terrific - in fact, if it wasn't for her, we probably would rate this place lower. She was so good I made a point of mentioning it to the manager on the way out.

I enjoyed the pork bbq although the serving was a little small. Our other entrée, the roasted artichoke & grilled chicken penne, was basically tasteless and the chicken was not freshly grilled - it must have been frozen with grill marks. Not exactly what we expected from a restaurant that wasn't crowded.

The server was patient to listen when we mentioned our displeasure with the pasta dish. And she was very accommodating.

If we go back, we'll try something different.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place to watch the games. Nachos are the best I've ever had. Conventiently located right next to the mall so you can grab a quick drink after shopping or before a movie. Good happy hour specials.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant used to serve pretty decent food. I was very disappointed on a recent visit. Two favorite salads have been taken off the menu. They were popular but they probably didn't make enough money for the restaurant. One was a fajita salad, with chicken. The fajita was a large and bowl shaped, filled with salad and a good amount of chicken. Guacamole, salsa and sour cream were served on the side. Very delicious! Today I ordered a Greek salad with chicken. It was pathetic! A small salad, mainly lettuce, 4 paper thin strips of chicken, a few olives, very little feta and 1/4 hard boiled egg. Very skimpy, not enough for lunch. Another diner had waffle fries with their order. They were very heavily pre salted and soggy. Most restaurants know enough to NOT pre salt food. Champps has gone downhill. There are many restaurants in the immediate area, I won't go back.