“If you're on a budget, this hotel is doable!”

Super 8 College Park Wash DC Area
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for an event at UM. We booked last minute and there was not much availability. I got it for less than 75 a night with taxes includes on Priceline. We usually stay at mariotts so I was a little Leary however the mariott in the area was more for 1 night than what I was paying for a week!
Upon check in we were told we had a king smoking for 3 of us due to Priceline. I could handle the king but not the smoking. I checked out the room and it smelled so badly of smoke. No way could I stay there 4 nights. We checked several rooms and ended up with a handicap non smoking with a queen bed. The front desk was extremely accommodating. His hands were tied as they were sold out. The queen would no way sleep all 3 of us. We went and got a cot at the store. The hotel gave us sheets.
The hotel was older. It had newer paint and carpet. The tile in bath was old. It was pretty clean. There was a hair in the shower. But we saw no bugs and there were no other complaints. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast. It was a very small setup and they didn't have room for much.
The hotel was quiet and I felt safe. Front desk man super nice! He is the only reason I stayed! I was ready to take a loss and look for another hotel when we ended up with the queen. Glad I stayed.
Next time I will probably plan in advance and stay elsewhere however in a pinch this hotel is not too bad.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just run down and dirty. Do yourself a favor and move along.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed long enough to gag from the smell, notice the dead bugs hanging from the cob webs and getting my jeans damp from the wet spot on the lazy boy. I am still grossed out a week later.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NoelLynn
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This had to be the nastiest place I ever stayed. The chair had some kind of stains on it, it was totally filthy something that should of been thrown in the dumpster, The one bed had urine stains all through the sheets and comforter. Totally filthy. Had the do not disturb card in the door went in the room the maid was in there with the door shut doing who knows what, probably rooting through our belongings. Avoid this place at all cost, you would be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We booked a room here for 2 nights this week because we were having work done on our place and couldn't stay there. The room was so disgusting we turned around and left before we even unpacked. The place is dingy and musty, the smoke alarm was hanging by wires from the ceiling, the easy chair in the room was stained and greasy. The furniture was visibly dirty. We lifted the sheets to check for bedbugs and there was a HUGE yellow stain on the mattress. The carpet was ratty and dirty looking. This place is dodgy and gross - don't bother trying to stay here! It is not worth it!! I do have to give the front desk credit, they allowed us to check back out and did not charge us for the room even though we had made a "non-refundable" reservation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We booked two rooms in this hotel as we were travelling with extended family and our young daughter at the time. The walls in rooms were stained with some kind of brown substance, the ceilings were cracked and brown, the room smelled of urine, which came from the air conditioning unit. Needless to say, we got out of there asap. We had to loose some cash due to hotel policy, but I could not live with myself if I had my family stay there. When you get to this hotel, stand in front of it, look across the street at the Ramada that is there, and run to it do not walk as you may get sucked into the hell of Super 8.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed three nights at this hotel in College Park while spending the Independence Day holiday in Washington D.C. No frills hotel... just a spot to rest, sleep, and that's about it.

The hotel is located off of Baltimore Avenue, which was always busy with traffic, so it was a little noisy in the room with the window open. A/C worked just fine. Bed was comfortable with nice pillows. Lots of tv channels to chose from. The bathroom was a bit warn as well as the carpet in our room. The shower drained very slowly. We skipped the available (yet very small) breakfast and went to Dunkin Donuts up the road every morning. The hotel overall could use a makeover. The hotel's location was convenient as we could just hop onto the interstate and drive a few miles to the Greenbelt Metro station parking lot and park free (on weekends) to ride the Metro into D.C.

I'd recommend this hotel if you aren't staying long and just need a place to sleep. If you want a 4-star hotel, find somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple