“Disgusting and Dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Pasadena, MD
“Disgusting and Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2007

First off, I requested a non smoking room when I made my reservation. When I arrived, they was a non smoking tag on the door but that was about as far as it went. Once you entered the room, the smell of smoke was overpowering. One of the bed spreads had a burn hole in it. The sink had numerous burn marks, I guess from people putting their cigaretts there while they were shaving. The place was very unkept and dirty. The room was completely disgusting. I had planned on staying 2 nights, but only stayed one. I slept in my clothes that night. The evening front desk staff was rude at best when I complained about the room. And of course, there is never a manager around when you want to speak to one.
No matter what the price, this is not the place to stay. I think a pig pen is cleaner that the room I was in.
When I returned home, I wrote a letter to the corporate office with my complaints. All they did was say they were sorrying that I didn't have a pleasant stay, and that they hoped we would give them a second chance. That was it. I really wasn't looking for anything, but they could have been just a little more customer friendly.
Do yourself and your family a favor, go to the Holiday Inn up the street a few miles, it will be well worth your piece of mind for cleanliness. That is where I stayed on my second night in town.
But then again, if you like sleeping in a dirty, disgusting, old motel, this is the place for you.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything. The place is a dump
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not, under any circumstances, stay here. You will be sorry.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank One Joe Cool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2006

Stayed here because it is the closest hotel to Univ of Maryland and I was giving a talk there. The room was reasonably clean but a little old. The breakfast was not very appetizing. The most annoying thing was that there was no Internet available.

• Stayed October 2006
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank milypan

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2006

My boyfriend and I had been on the road for fifteen hours straight. All we wanted was a warm bed and some sleep. Which is what an INN of QUALITY should provide. Right? Read on.

Our tiredness was met with a dingy room with a fresh supply of dirty, stale sheets stretched over a delightful cardboard-like mattress lacking any spring, and wallpaper that had absorbed years of use and was yellowing a la "SEVEN". This place: Sloth. The fact we didn't leave only goes to show how tired we were.

Let's continue.

Behind that disgusting wallpaper were the thinnest walls I have ever seen. Or I should say, HEARD. The next day, my alarm clock turned out to be the crystal clear sounds of a man using the bathroom from a COMPLETELY separate room. The worst part was I could hear everything the man was doing in the restroom. Everything. Every last shuffle, drip, fart.

The entire building shook beautifully whenever a guest closed a door down the hall, with a gorgeous echo. At any moment one could hear the dulcet jabbering of others by the elevator, or anywhere. And now that I think of it, I do remember my skin being itchy after we left - so make what you will of the bedbug claim.

There are some things worth getting a deal for in life. $50-$75 bucks on a disgusting place not good enough to be called even a motel is not one of them. DC is a free town anyway, the museums are free, the sights are free mostly, spend on a better place.

Or, if you don't believe me, ask for a walk through if you want the biggest laugh of your life.

I have been to several third world countries in my travels, have stayed in many places, and I have to say most of their accomodatons were above this one. In AMERICA.

It was the most horrible place I've ever stayed at in this country. And a bad accomodation with a bad night's sleep takes a bad toll on the rest of your vacation, as my boyfriend and I unfortunately learned. How are you supposed to have fun when you feel tired and gross?

Later, when my boyfriend checked out, he said the clerk didn't bother to ask how our stay was.

Gee I wonder why.

Don't go.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Piscataway, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2006

The wireless connection did not work - I spent two days at the hotel and asked repeatedly but no one could help me get an IP address.

When I returned home, I was itching all over. Coincidentally, I had a dermatology routine appointment the next day. The first thing the doctor said when he started examining me was "where did you get bitten by bedbugs?". Then, I looked the hotel up on teh web and found in this site that others have mentioned bedbugs too!!!

Skip the hotel.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank eddomingo
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2006

I stayed at this motel and considering the price I paid, it is very good value. I had a fine room for nine nights with very nice complimentary breakfasts. I paid seventy-four dollars per night plus taxes. For the Washington,D.C. area, that is quite reasonable.. This motel is in a very good neighborhood close to the Metro and several nice eating establishments.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank margatemensch2016
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2006

When my family arrived late one night we were not impressed with the lobby where we checked in. The lobby was very nice but the staff was rude. When we found our room it was 2am so we were ready for bed. My two small children were to sleep on the pull out sofa bed. When I pulled out the sofa bed the linens on the bed were from the previous customers (still waded up inside the bed). I called the front desk (the rude people) and ask for clean linens. They did not keep linens in the lobby and she would put us on the list for tomorrow and offered no apologies. In the meantime my two children had nothing to sleep on (no pillows or linens). We luckily had two blankets in the car from our trip. I asked the desk person to leave a message for the manager to call me but he never returned my call (I also left two other messages that week). Other problems - sticky kitchen and bathroom floors. Our bath towels were not changed everyday. One day they took the dirty towels and turned them around on the towel bar so it appeared clean. Carpet was worn out. Electrical outlet by the bed was pulled from the wall with about an inch of dust around it (can you say fire hazard?)

This hotel looked great on the internet when I booked the reservation but was a nightmare when we arrived. There were people playing cards on one of the room tables out in the parking lot next to our room and at night there were people just wandering about in the parking lot. This did not make me feel safe at all.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holyoke, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2006

Great location- a 4 block walk to the metro
about 20 min ride to downtown DC + attractions.
Walk to dining locations- applebee's, boston market, chipolte, noodles & company, coldstone creamery, & much more. Also close to a CVS and bank of america.
Decent value- free breakfast & parking. there is also a shuttle to the metro if you need it.

Could have been cleaner in the shower, room had a little bit of a musky smell.There were also many pigeons on the building which I could see as a turn-off but being from new york I didn't really mind that. If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep at it wasn't bad at all.

I would reccomend it and return again.

• Stayed March 2006