“A Good Value Motel in Copacetic College Park”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed April 24, 2006

I stayed at this motel and considering the price I paid, it is very good value. I had a fine room for nine nights with very nice complimentary breakfasts. I paid seventy-four dollars per night plus taxes. For the Washington,D.C. area, that is quite reasonable.. This motel is in a very good neighborhood close to the Metro and several nice eating establishments.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank margatemensch2016

Tennessee
Reviewed April 14, 2006

When my family arrived late one night we were not impressed with the lobby where we checked in. The lobby was very nice but the staff was rude. When we found our room it was 2am so we were ready for bed. My two small children were to sleep on the pull out sofa bed. When I pulled out the sofa bed the linens on the bed were from the previous customers (still waded up inside the bed). I called the front desk (the rude people) and ask for clean linens. They did not keep linens in the lobby and she would put us on the list for tomorrow and offered no apologies. In the meantime my two children had nothing to sleep on (no pillows or linens). We luckily had two blankets in the car from our trip. I asked the desk person to leave a message for the manager to call me but he never returned my call (I also left two other messages that week). Other problems - sticky kitchen and bathroom floors. Our bath towels were not changed everyday. One day they took the dirty towels and turned them around on the towel bar so it appeared clean. Carpet was worn out. Electrical outlet by the bed was pulled from the wall with about an inch of dust around it (can you say fire hazard?)

This hotel looked great on the internet when I booked the reservation but was a nightmare when we arrived. There were people playing cards on one of the room tables out in the parking lot next to our room and at night there were people just wandering about in the parking lot. This did not make me feel safe at all.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 31, 2006

Great location- a 4 block walk to the metro
about 20 min ride to downtown DC + attractions.
Walk to dining locations- applebee's, boston market, chipolte, noodles & company, coldstone creamery, & much more. Also close to a CVS and bank of america.
Decent value- free breakfast & parking. there is also a shuttle to the metro if you need it.

Could have been cleaner in the shower, room had a little bit of a musky smell.There were also many pigeons on the building which I could see as a turn-off but being from new york I didn't really mind that. If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep at it wasn't bad at all.

I would reccomend it and return again.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank redskynight
Reviewed October 27, 2005

Nowhere near as bad as some of the earlier reviews state. As a solo traveller without a car, I found it good value, and in a handy location. I stayed for 6 days.

10 minutes walk from College Park metro (the hotel have a free shuttle minibus every morning).

Dry cleaners, Starbucks, Kinkos for internet access, and bars, shops and cafes within walking distance

As with all Quality Inns, the rooms were big, and fairly well equipped. The first room they gave me had a strong smell of some sort of artificial cleanser. The second room was better. Personally, I prefer downtown hotels, but as these were either out of my price range or sold out, the Quality Inn College Park was a reasonable alternative.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank fluiman
Patras, GREECE
Reviewed October 12, 2005

I had to leave earlier and look for another hotel because of the bedbugs!
Terrible experience.

Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 21, 2005

We spent 2 nights in this hotel and I don't know if I will go back. This hotel is in desperate need of renovation. It looks very old and tired. To be fair, it looked like they were at least doing something toward cleaning it up -- the lobby was being painted and the maintenance crew installed grab bars to the tub while we were there. But, the walls were dingy, the veneer was coming off the closet shelves, the bathroom molding had chunks missing. To be fair, the breakfast was OK, the pool (once they finally opened it hours after its scheduled opening time) was nice and clean, and lots of towels. However, don't spend a night there close to a University of Maryland game -- we never did get to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank Akoperagirl
Dundee, Scotland
Reviewed June 3, 2005

I visit DC a lot to conduct research at the Library of Congress and have spend a long time searching for a hotel to meet my needs. OK, this place is not perfect -- the staff could have been more polite, the shuttle bus could have run for longer and the rooms are fairly worn. On the positive side, however, the area felt safe, there were plenty of places to eat and shop, and it is a 10 minute walk from the metro (in a straight line). For $80 a night it is by far the best value for money I have found.

• Stayed: July 2004, traveled on business