“Don't waste your money”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I don't care if they start offering these rooms for $50. They are not worth it. Within the twenty minutes I'd checked into this trap, I had to move rooms twice in 20 degree weather. Why, might you ask? Well the first one had a broken heater, no fridge and no microwave. The second one had a working heater but no microwave and no refrigerator. When I inquired with the manager, Johnson, he said they were in the process of renovating and the only pertinent appliances had been moved to other rooms. I asked if I could get a discount or be moved to another room to enjoy the amenities of other guests. He said there were no rooms and ended the call. He called ten minutes later to say his maintenance man had moved appliances I needed to room 220 and I could move, again, to that room. I asked him to have the appliances brought to my room where I was, he said maintenance had already left and there was no way to move the appliances again. Are you kidding me? To add insult to injury all the ice machines were under repair.

This was the worst hotel stay I'd ever endured. In addition to that experience, there was no security on duty because he had a family emergency and there was no back up security, the rooms are drafty and antiquated. I've included pictures

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank msvsingram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I would like to thank naomi for the prompt n courteous service i receive everytime i come to stay for work .thanks again naomi.We require all our rooms ti have refrigerators and microwaves n sure enough when we arrive our rooms are thevway we ask .When i come to town it us for at least 3 months at a time n when i leave which might be for 2/3 ,months they still remember who i am when.i come back,to me thst is service .

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We spent 12 nights in total at the Quality Inn, split into two parts.

The first part of our stay was not very comfortable. We selected a double room. The room was tiny with the smallest double bed we'd experienced in a hotel room in a long time. We were both sick and the heater in the room was not working during the coldest week experienced in the area in 20 years. The desk staff on duty at the time were not helpful and the handyman sent to look at the heater simply stood, looked at it and pressed a few buttons (pretty much as I'd been able to do myself).

The second part of our stay was significantly improved. We upgraded to a 2 double bed room. The room was double the size of our previous room, with a working heater and a fridge. We were greeted by two lovely girls at the front desk, who efficiently and enthusiastically checked us back in for the second week of our stay.

I highly recommend if you choose to stay at the Quality Inn that you pay the (very small) difference and make sure you get a bigger room. They are definitely far more comfortable.

The hotel is well located for the University of Maryland (the main purpose of our stay) and there are some reasonable food options nearby - in particular Pho Thom (great Vietnamese/Thai restaurant) across the road and Bobby's Burger Palace (about a 15-20 min walk along Baltimore Ave).

Room Tip: Unless you are travelling on your own, book a bigger room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Helen T
QualityInnCP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Helen,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience about the heater and consequently with the front desk agent and the maintenance engineer, I apologize for the inconvenience and I would look into it that the employees get properly trained and help to resolve your problems efficiently and thereby making your experience a memorable one.

301.276.1000 ext. 760
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Quality Inn over the last two weeks for about 10 nights for a uni trip. Rooms we're clean and tidy and to be honest a lot better than we expected. Staff both on the front desk and housekeeping were more than helpful.Location is ideal for Uni of Maryland

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
QualityInnCP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014

301.276.1000 ext. 7608
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been staying here at the Quality Inn, College Park for 2 months and since my very first day here, Naomi has been god sent to me. She attended to all my needs and supplied all the information on everything I needed to know all the times. Naomi is an outstanding part of the staff here during my entire stay and this has been my first experience of this type.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
QualityInnCP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 14, 2014

301.276.1000 ext. 7608
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This Inn, like other hotels in this category, gives a no thrills accomodation but preserves your budget. So the question is, does it offer enough value for the money you pay? In my opinion it does. Room was clean, it had TV, safe, working desk, Wi-Fi and coffee maker (plus other little things). Most of all, the concierge was courteous and helpful, they gave me information when asked, volunteered a free map of DC and kept my suitcase during the day after my early check-out in the morning. The hotel is conveniently located if you have business to do with the University of Maryland but it is also a cheap alternative for visiting DC, with the College Park metro station at just 20 minutes walking distance. Plenty of affordable eateries around (being close to the University campus) and other stores (there is a 24H CVS pharmacy at less than 5 minutes walking distance). To me, this place was very good. The only thing I missed was a refrigerator in the room, to keep water (bought at the closeby CVS) cool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We were given a non smoking room which smelled of cigarette smoke (the blankets etc). The rooms were old and quite dirty. We saw multiple cockroaches which made to feel even more dirty and gross.

The location was ok with Applebee's next door and a 10 minute walk to the metro.

I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple