“Affordable and convenient for Washington DC”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed with my folks and it was a good experience in general.
Very spacious room, including fridge (with the temp controller knob missing though...) and microwave. You have to select it to include this in their reservation page if you want them. It costs a little extra, way worth it in our case. Carpet was acceptable but definitely needs replacing.
There was a modern and updated sink out of the very dated bathroom which had another sink, which seemed from the first things they did in the hotel. It was functional, but definitely needs prompt updating.
A baby centipede appeared one morning in the sink, and a big but inoffensive (and silent!) cricket show up on a wall other day.
Breakfast was OK, freshly made waffles, artificial eggs and greasy sausages were the main courses.
The most annoying things were
1) After the first night, I asked to unclogged the bathtub drain since it was running very slow, but they eventually sent somebody to check the sink instead... between saying "bathtub" and "sink" there's quite a difference I'd say. I made clear what was the problem and they fixed it the next day, and
2) the first day, after leaving at 11am and coming back in the evening, they did not do our room. I brought it to the front desk attention and they said that when the cleaning crew stopped by, at 10am, the "Do not disturb sign" was on, I confirmed it but told them that indeed I removed it when we left an hour later, and complaint on why they did not check later on?? Anyway, not too much of a deal. The next day they did our room.
The room had a very quite, newer A/C.
They have a small but functional gym which put me back a little into my pre-vacation routine, with an old but functional treadmill, bike, weight center, elliptical, etc.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO VISIT DC:
Pro: Location is good by the geographical distance to DC. Normally it should be 25mins drive.
Con: There is a large number of traffic lights (and traffic at rush hour) that makes the trip way longer than it should at certain times.

Will I go back? Maybe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had booked for two nights, but left after one. This hotel, at least the part we stayed in, is on its last legs. It is in dire need of updates. The rooms are small and very worn, but they are clean. Our bed as brutal. It was like sleeping on a Whoppee Cushion! Every time you move, it made strange noises.

I agree with other reviewers that it is well located, and that the staff is courteous, but I couldn't stay another night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rugbyfan_7
QualityInnCP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We are in process of renovations.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was clean, quiet with a good shower and a comfortable bed. Great for the price! Breakfast was good - if a little crowded. The best thing is it's location, a 10 minute walk from the Metro station and an easy walk from several eateries in all price ranges. Bobby's Burger Palace is a must and only a few miles away. Staff was friendly and eager to answer questions and offer suggestions. Going to DC? Stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with friends for our trip to DC. The hotel is near metro and also commute to DC is really convenient. The rooms were kept clean and the staff on front desk as well as the front desk manager were helpful and provide information regarding travel. The ambiance was great and friendly atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and would visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have never seen a more poorly maintained property in my life. Choice Hotels should be appalled and ashamed to be associated with this property! This property and stay can be summed up as THE WORST STAY EVER .

The property is disgusting and filthy. Room had ant hills in the corner, spider webs on walls. drain didn't work, paint worn, phone broken, faucet leaked. windows were barely able to see through the grime and filth. The common areas and exterior looked like an abandon building in a disaster area. The fitness center was broken, computer didn't work, breakfast was horrible and the lobby was circa 1970. Long past it's useful life. I thought I would try Choice brands again and was absolutely disgusted by this visit. I stay in hotels about 120 nights each year.

They could not pay me to stay here again. beware...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Jack B

July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites during your last visit to our area.

I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate all forms of guests’ feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities to all of our valued guests such as yourself.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated.

Housekeeping staff received extra training concerning their responsibilities in carrying out their duties in cleaning and properly maintaining the rooms of our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My room was a dump. The a/c leaked on the carpet, soaking it in one corner. The room stunk, probably due to that The toilet never stopped running. The hallways were hot and stuffy - no a/c. They did rebate a small amount of my bill. I would avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PatWBoston_MA

July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed for two weeknights in July, and loved the location (near UMD, and some good eateries nearby). Hotel seemed to be older property but appeared well-kept and well-run. Rooms and complimentary breakfast were good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family