I stayed with my folks and it was a good experience in general.
Very spacious room, including fridge (with the temp controller knob missing though...) and microwave. You have to select it to include this in their reservation page if you want them. It costs a little extra, way worth it in our case. Carpet was acceptable but definitely needs replacing.
There was a modern and updated sink out of the very dated bathroom which had another sink, which seemed from the first things they did in the hotel. It was functional, but definitely needs prompt updating.
A baby centipede appeared one morning in the sink, and a big but inoffensive (and silent!) cricket show up on a wall other day.
Breakfast was OK, freshly made waffles, artificial eggs and greasy sausages were the main courses.
The most annoying things were
1) After the first night, I asked to unclogged the bathtub drain since it was running very slow, but they eventually sent somebody to check the sink instead... between saying "bathtub" and "sink" there's quite a difference I'd say. I made clear what was the problem and they fixed it the next day, and
2) the first day, after leaving at 11am and coming back in the evening, they did not do our room. I brought it to the front desk attention and they said that when the cleaning crew stopped by, at 10am, the "Do not disturb sign" was on, I confirmed it but told them that indeed I removed it when we left an hour later, and complaint on why they did not check later on?? Anyway, not too much of a deal. The next day they did our room.
The room had a very quite, newer A/C.
They have a small but functional gym which put me back a little into my pre-vacation routine, with an old but functional treadmill, bike, weight center, elliptical, etc.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO VISIT DC:
Pro: Location is good by the geographical distance to DC. Normally it should be 25mins drive.
Con: There is a large number of traffic lights (and traffic at rush hour) that makes the trip way longer than it should at certain times.
Will I go back? Maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 10 min drive to Washington DC. We are 3 blocks away from metro station. FREE SHUTTLE to metro. 1 block away from UMD. Grand deluxe complimentary breakfast. Free Wireless Internet. Grand Pool and fitness center. Non - smoking Single rooms in TOWER BUILDING with elevator. Also available, Quads with Microwave and Fridge and Upgraded Suite with Kitchenette. We have banquet space for 50 -250 people.BWI, Dulles, Reagan. All accessible through Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel College Park
- Quality Inn And Suites
- Quality Inn College Park
- College Park Quality Inn