“Location”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Taylor, Michigan, United States
“Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was clean, quiet with a good shower and a comfortable bed. Great for the price! Breakfast was good - if a little crowded. The best thing is it's location, a 10 minute walk from the Metro station and an easy walk from several eateries in all price ranges. Bobby's Burger Palace is a must and only a few miles away. Staff was friendly and eager to answer questions and offer suggestions. Going to DC? Stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with friends for our trip to DC. The hotel is near metro and also commute to DC is really convenient. The rooms were kept clean and the staff on front desk as well as the front desk manager were helpful and provide information regarding travel. The ambiance was great and friendly atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and would visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Delray Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have never seen a more poorly maintained property in my life. Choice Hotels should be appalled and ashamed to be associated with this property! This property and stay can be summed up as THE WORST STAY EVER .

The property is disgusting and filthy. Room had ant hills in the corner, spider webs on walls. drain didn't work, paint worn, phone broken, faucet leaked. windows were barely able to see through the grime and filth. The common areas and exterior looked like an abandon building in a disaster area. The fitness center was broken, computer didn't work, breakfast was horrible and the lobby was circa 1970. Long past it's useful life. I thought I would try Choice brands again and was absolutely disgusted by this visit. I stay in hotels about 120 nights each year.

They could not pay me to stay here again. beware...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Jack B
QualityInnCP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites during your last visit to our area.

I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate all forms of guests’ feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities to all of our valued guests such as yourself.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated.

Housekeeping staff received extra training concerning their responsibilities in carrying out their duties in cleaning and properly maintaining the rooms of our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My room was a dump. The a/c leaked on the carpet, soaking it in one corner. The room stunk, probably due to that The toilet never stopped running. The hallways were hot and stuffy - no a/c. They did rebate a small amount of my bill. I would avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PatWBoston_MA

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed for two weeknights in July, and loved the location (near UMD, and some good eateries nearby). Hotel seemed to be older property but appeared well-kept and well-run. Rooms and complimentary breakfast were good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I checked in with a small group a high school baseball players going to an event the next day. I requested a roll away in one of the rooms. When I checked in, I was told that one roll away was in one of the 2 rooms I booked. When we went to our rooms, there was no rollaway. When I went back to the front desk and told the person working this, they simply said that in order to get a roll away it would take a while to do that...I told him to forget the roll away and take it off my bill....he apparently checked and said it was off....the next morning when we checked out, it was still on my bill! I did get it taken off, but what an ordeal....avg quality room for the price and nothing specail for breakfast. I really hate being lied to...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bks1926

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Quality Inn and Suites, College Park MD hotel, was great and ultimately convenient for my stay in Maryland. I was able to take advantage and use the Quality Inn to my benefit. My son attended the University of Maryland College Park, with the hotel being located within a couple of blocks from the college I was able to see him regularly. The complimentary breakfast help me start my day off with a solid meal. There where also plenty of restaurants close to the hotel so find places to eat was never a problem. Washington Dc was also close so I could find things to do during the day. Also take care of any business the free WiFi also helped me with staying connected through the country. The service was great everything I need and asked for was done for me promptly. The management did a great job of communicating with me, which is refreshing. Anil has a hand on personalized touch that made my stay more like home than a hotel. Most hotels you do not receive that type of treatment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo