“Perhaps- The absolute worst hotel in the USA”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Delray Beach, Florida
“Perhaps- The absolute worst hotel in the USA”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have never seen a more poorly maintained property in my life. Choice Hotels should be appalled and ashamed to be associated with this property! This property and stay can be summed up as THE WORST STAY EVER .

The property is disgusting and filthy. Room had ant hills in the corner, spider webs on walls. drain didn't work, paint worn, phone broken, faucet leaked. windows were barely able to see through the grime and filth. The common areas and exterior looked like an abandon building in a disaster area. The fitness center was broken, computer didn't work, breakfast was horrible and the lobby was circa 1970. Long past it's useful life. I thought I would try Choice brands again and was absolutely disgusted by this visit. I stay in hotels about 120 nights each year.

They could not pay me to stay here again. beware...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Jack B
QualityInnCP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites during your last visit to our area.

I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate all forms of guests’ feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities to all of our valued guests such as yourself.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated.

Housekeeping staff received extra training concerning their responsibilities in carrying out their duties in cleaning and properly maintaining the rooms of our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My room was a dump. The a/c leaked on the carpet, soaking it in one corner. The room stunk, probably due to that The toilet never stopped running. The hallways were hot and stuffy - no a/c. They did rebate a small amount of my bill. I would avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PatWBoston_MA

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed for two weeknights in July, and loved the location (near UMD, and some good eateries nearby). Hotel seemed to be older property but appeared well-kept and well-run. Rooms and complimentary breakfast were good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I checked in with a small group a high school baseball players going to an event the next day. I requested a roll away in one of the rooms. When I checked in, I was told that one roll away was in one of the 2 rooms I booked. When we went to our rooms, there was no rollaway. When I went back to the front desk and told the person working this, they simply said that in order to get a roll away it would take a while to do that...I told him to forget the roll away and take it off my bill....he apparently checked and said it was off....the next morning when we checked out, it was still on my bill! I did get it taken off, but what an ordeal....avg quality room for the price and nothing specail for breakfast. I really hate being lied to...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bks1926

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Quality Inn and Suites, College Park MD hotel, was great and ultimately convenient for my stay in Maryland. I was able to take advantage and use the Quality Inn to my benefit. My son attended the University of Maryland College Park, with the hotel being located within a couple of blocks from the college I was able to see him regularly. The complimentary breakfast help me start my day off with a solid meal. There where also plenty of restaurants close to the hotel so find places to eat was never a problem. Washington Dc was also close so I could find things to do during the day. Also take care of any business the free WiFi also helped me with staying connected through the country. The service was great everything I need and asked for was done for me promptly. The management did a great job of communicating with me, which is refreshing. Anil has a hand on personalized touch that made my stay more like home than a hotel. Most hotels you do not receive that type of treatment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great location. 5 minutes from UMD, 10 minutes from train station.
I stay there regularly and have noticed they have gotten better beds and flat screen TVs. The WiFi is much improved too. Good breakfast and friendly staff. The best economical choice for visits to the university.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New york
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I checked into this hotel and I was welcome with a smile. The front desk staff were great, they are very helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast and the wifi was fast enough to get my work done. it is closer to the university where I visited and they provided a shuttle service to and from the university. The shuttle did not run the whole day. I will stay again when i visit.

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the tower are nice. that is where i stayed.