WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Room really needed an update, noise level unacceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had a single room with a queen sized bed. I felt that the walls, rugs, and particularly the bathroom door (severe water damage and splintering at the bottom) all needed an update. There was an odd smell in the halls. In addition, the toilets flushed really powerfully, and I could tell that because it sounded like a bomb went off whenever someone in an adjacent room used their bathroom -- I felt really bad for whoever had to be bothered if I used the facilities. In addition, large tour buses would pull up next to reception and keep the motor running both at evening arrivals (between 10:30 and 11 pm) and VERY early morning start-up (6-6:30). I was in the multi-story building across the driving from reception and it was very disturbing. The location is good, but I would hesitate to stay there again, and left a night early.

Room Tip: Try not to be on the side of the building facing reception, the bus noise was terrible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
QISMD, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your stay during your visit to our area.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel.

We have noted all you observations and concerns and have taken corrective measures to attend to each of the observations.

We are sure that the next time you visit our area, You will be greatly pleased and will choose us for your stay. We take our guest reviews quite seriously.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel itself was pretty typical for the chain. Rooms were decent, clean, basic for a Quality Inn. The price was great considering the hotel is a 10 minute walk to multiple metro stops and a two minute walk distance to common places such as starbucks and cvs and not to mention you are smack dab in the middle of really anything you may need for food or pubs (the diner in the lot next to the hotel is yumm-o). Bonuses were, free wifi, breakfast in the am and the front desk staff was REALLY great! They arranged taxi's for us and were prompt with wake up calls and the like. Oh and this hotel is adjacent to the U of Maryland and honestly would have never known there was a major college campus next door. As long as you are not expecting a 5 star resort from a quality inn, you really will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The two of us stayed in a second floor suite and had plenty of room, nice tv, full size fridge, stov...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is probably here for the convenience of Univ of Maryland. But it is close to two Metro stops, one of them about a mile away. That makes it a good emergency lodging for a DC stay if you can't get a hotel in town for the inauguration.

The staff was very nice and efficient. I didn't eat breakfast but I saw cereal, waffles that you make, fruit, juice, hard boiled eggs, etc. Plenty of places to way within walking distance and a mall within about 5 miles or so.

I took away a star because they say "inn and suites" and we had no fridge nor microwave. Other than that, nice for a one night stay and I would go back.

• Stayed January 2013
Twin Cities, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is a typical Quality Inn for the most part in my opinion. They offer free breakfast with waffles in the morning. The best part of this hotel is it's price and the fact its about a 10 minute walk from the College Park Subway on the Green Line. If you want to save a little money instead of staying closer to all the sites, this is the place. Its about a 25 minute train ride to the sites of DC. This was the second time staying here. The rooms are (motel like meaning the doors open to the outside). It is an older hotel, so there are no bells and whistles. And that was fine for us as we were there for 3 nights mostly to take in all the sites and then also a Redskins game (about 50 minutes of subway rides to Fed Ex). For what we wanted to do, it works perfect. It is near the U of Maryland campus and thus we always felt safe walking to and from the subway regardless of what time it was. There is an outdoor pool that we didn't use due to our trip being in November.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank C-Rad_TwinCities
Jyvaskyla
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Free parking, breakfast included, wi-fi, good location, quiet enough, table and bed. That's what I needed and that's what they had.
Ok, let's be frank, place has seen its best days, but it was clean enough, no dirt no pests. Sheets were clean and bathroom was ok. It had both air-conditioning and heating. In my room airconditioning was quite noisy, but I think the machine had seen its best days. It worked, though.
Hotel's location was good - I had a car, so easy access from Baltimore avenue both to highways and to Washington was important for me - those I had. Also, easy walk to train station and Washington metro was a bonus.
Restaurants were within an easy reach, but happily, hotel was at the edge of the restaurant area, which kept noisy student groups out of the area. That was good, too.
Breakfast was barebones, but they have it and it's complimentary. They even had morning papers.
Wi-fi worked well and that was important.
So, if you don't keep your exceptations too high, this place works well.
I was in the high-rise (5 floors), can't tell about the two-floor buildings. Some of the rooms apparently had kitchens, my room did not have, and there was no refridgerator neither, which I would always value myself.
I slept well, give a plus for that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was by myself on business, and had a small single room in the high rise portion of the hotel. A little stuffy maybe, but nothing to complain about. The exercise room was pretty good, but the pool was closed when I stayed there (early Oct). I was able to walk to my meetings, to the Metro, and to a couple of cheaper restaurants, which met my needs. The staff were mostly helpful, though it was sometimes hard to get their attention at the desk, as the lone employee tried to keep up with phone calls and guests. The van service is combined with another hotel up the road, so when you board the van you may drive around a while before getting where you want to go, which I wish they had let me know up front as I would have just walked.

The breakfast was typical motel fare -- lots of bread and spread, weak coffee, hard boiled eggs (which, despite the sign saying not to, people kept putting in the microwave to warm, which makes them explode) and DIY waffles with viscous corn sweetener masquerading as maple syrup.

Overall, pretty much what I expected, and was sufficient for what I needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
chalfont, pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed one night while visiting our son at University of Maryland. It is convenient to campus. Our room was clean and the included breakfast was acceptable, although since it was parents' weekend, the hotel was very crowded and there was inadequate seating when everyone converged at 9:00 a.m. for breakfast. The good news is that is just across from Plato's Diner - excellent food but get there early or expect a ridiculous wait for Sunday morning breakfast. Unfortunately, I would not stay there again because at 3:30 a.m., we were awakened by someone attempting to enter our room with his key. Even after we shouted "wrong room!" he returned and tried to get in again. I called the front desk and asked them to deal with it or else I would call the police. Pretty disturbing. Guess it could happen anywhere but needless to say, it was a while before I was able to fall back asleep. There are a number of hotels of this type in the area and next time I'll choose a different one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!