“The hotel has been my home away from home since early i980.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Brooklyn, New York
“The hotel has been my home away from home since early i980.”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I have been a guest at the Quality Inn & Suites College Park MD,since the 1980s.
I have been quite satisfied with staff attitude and the manner in which they attended to business.They are accessible,polite, friendly and engaging.They have always made exceptional effort to accommodate my needs.I have had the privilege of at times spending two weeks.The resent stay was on May 20th,2011 for one week.As previously stated,it is my home away from home.
The continental breakfast served in the morning is very good.Most guests pile their plates with the goodies made available..

Room Tip: Make inquiry when booking.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Brooklyn070

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I am a regular to this hotel. Working in DC as a consultant for last 7 month, I like this hotel from day 1 and stayed 4 days in a week since. Surprise to see, so many people have such -ve comments. I found my room always clean, yes the bathrooms smell like fungus sometimes, but staffs are very friendly n' helpful, the breakfast is ok. The best part of staying at this property is, location: close to Metro, UM, free shuttle, access to restaurants and affordable price.

I will continue staying here for rest of my assignment and in future. Will recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank routmsc
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We had a good stay. The staff was quite nice and accommodating. The rates are reasonable for the DC area. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had friends and family members who stayed here a few times and they enjoyed it and referred it to us. We would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fun28
Oakland, California
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed here during a conference at UMD. The best thing this place has going for it (as others have noted) is the location. It's walkable to metro, and to campus--nice. Also, the desk staff are friendly and pleasant.

Things quickly slide downhill once you check-in. Quick synopsis of how this hotel fails:

--Cockroaches in the room. To be fair, we also so roaches in a nearby restaurant. Maybe this is Maryland thing? I wanted to do the roach dance like Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray.
--Faulty door locks that caused us to go to the front desk to request access 4 times during our 3-night stay!
--The rooms in the rear by the parking lot get are pretty noisy. I think some of the clientele use the lot as a gathering space to work out domestic problems over drinks.
--Non-smoking room smelled otherwise.

Finally, the kicker. The hotel charged us 30 bucks for using the phone. Like most Americans, we have cell phones and didn't need the land line at any point. To their credit, the hotel staff removed the charges when one member of our group contested them, but if you stay here, look at your invoice carefully.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank realcorker
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel and compliments to our staffs you've given to us, we are always strive to serve your need to the extend that makes your stay enjoyable. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will make sure to inform our pest elimination crew to watch pest issues and more actively perform their services in most affective areas if there is one. Key cards runs with magnetic strips so it could be deactivated in contact with cell phones and electronic devices, moreover keys have to be activated if stay has been extended. Phone system runs with computer system, please be inform that we value your remarks more than anything so your charges had removed without any questions asked. thank you again for staying with us several nights.

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

Reviewed May 13, 2011

Their wondring wi-fi net works are 10times slower than 3G network is horrible,down-0.29mbps, up-0.17mbps told me call 877-943-4463 no body takes call, this is a one example, they think they have good location to get many people so we will see hiw long you are in service....just go some places

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank traveler4024
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for your review and appreciate your remark on wifi issue, please be informed that we have installed highest capacity wifi for our guest needs, also we replaced new equipments with old ones to provide better service of internet needs. The 1-877 number provided for technical difficulties absolutly works.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have stayed here before but never again. Walking in to the "tower" and the hallways and elevator smells were terrible. The room was ok, and the bathroom looked fine but then I noticed about a 5" mushroom growing out of the wall near the floor! Breakfast very cheap, if you even would call it breakfast. I guess they had coffee and make your own waffles. Not sanitary by any means either. Wireless Internet very slow if even available.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank echit1
QISMD, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

1) Maintenance was informed of the complaint of terrible smells and instructed to look into the matter.

2) Maintenance and housekeeping staffs were informed of the mushroom growing out of the wall and instructed to eliminate this sort of thing.

3) Maintenance was instructed to see to it that wi-fi works at a proper speed.d

4) The breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Cyril, ok
Reviewed April 29, 2011

It is a dated, drive up to your room hotel. The room wasn't clean and the hotel felt unsafe. It was overpriced and a poor value.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Cherokeee
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Security staff received additional training in presenting a safe environment for our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.