“Excellent Value”

Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed for five nights in July, 2012 while doing research at the National Archives facility in College Park. My room was very clean, and the decor was neutral and matches the photos other reviewers has submitted.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Greenbelt Metro station, and destinations within a five-mile radius. This, and the price, were the two factors that sold me on the hotel. The last time I was in the area for a research trip, I stayed in Silver Spring, Maryland, and commuting via public transportation to the Archives added a minimum of 70 minutes a day of commuting, as opposed to five minutes at the Holiday Inn.

As I wrote, my room was very clean, and the housekeeping staff kept it that way. My only beef with my stay is the lack of HD channels on the TV. Overall, the reception was pretty poor, and what's the point of offering a HDTV with only standard definition channels? This isn't unique to this property, of course. The restaurant was fine, if a bit on the expensive side.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and hope that your future travels will bring your back to our property. We are working hard to try and get our HD programming done so that you can enjoy all that it has to offer. Thanks again

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Washington College Park

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay and experience at this hotel. The front desk and especially Kiarra Hill went above and beyond to help me with my requests. The hotel is fairly modern and the neighborhood is quiet. It is close enough to DC and is right of the highway. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin W

Thanks for your favorable guest review and your positive feedback about the staff, I have shared your comments with the hotel staff and very proud of Kiarra for exceeding your expectations. We very much appreciate you taking the time to give us your feed-back and your kind words are very much appreciated. Hospitably Yours

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights - location is very convenient to UMD and DC. Staff was friendly and responded very quickly to questions or concerns. My hairdryer blew out at 7:00am and was replaced by 7:15am. Room service was on time and as ordered - food was hot and tasted great.
We enjoyed one dinner in the Moose Creek Steakhouse, complete with birthday song and cake! Towels were exceptionally soft and shower had good pressure, plenty of hot water and good drainage in the tub. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker were great to have en suite. Beds were comfortable and sheets were very white, clean and soft. Internet was a touch slow, but reliable and free. Complimentary juice and cookies in the lobby was a nice gesture.

The only wish I have is that the hotel would offer recycling of newspapers, plastic bottles and cans.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and give us your feedback.

We are currently working on a recycle program and sorry about your hair dryer but glad that we were able to rectify the situation.

I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel property. We value your patronage and hope that your future travels will bring you back to our hotel again. Thanks again

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night while my son had his Freshman orientation at UMD. Location is great. Right off the highway, easy to get to the University and nice to shop with the IKEA next door. The staff was friendly at check in and apologized for a longer than average wait. After arriving in my room, I realized the TV did not work. The maintenance staff could not fix it and immediately changed my room and offered me a coupon for free breakfast. Both rooms, were clean but outdated and a little worn. The free breakfast turned out to be great. (A regularly priced $11 buffet breakfast.) There was a variety of warm items, a great made to order omelet, and they were not rushing me out, so I could relax, eat, and read the paper. The staff was wonderful with great service. Overall, a convenient stop for one night.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear razzzz,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. It was good to see that the staff rectified a problem swiftly and to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed breakfast. I would like to apologize for any challenges with the room amenities that transpired during your stay. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments will be looked into.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would like to thank the management team, chef, bar-tenders (Sharon and Baliya), and Night Manager (Diane) for the excellent/outstanding support that they rendered in helping us (The Moosers) be successful in our event to remember our friend and long time Moose Creek Steak House supporter Terrence Griffith. The service and attention to details were extremely professional and prompt. In addition, the food was great! You are to be commended for a job well done and we (The Moosers, family, and friends) really appreciate your effort to ensure that this first celebration of Terrence's home-going was a successful one. Thanks again and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Donald Thanks for the gracious comments and thanks to you and the Moosiers for an awesome celebration for Terrence. We miss and love his spirit and thanks for great review.

We appreciate your business and appreciate you and the crew. Class Act

Hospitably Yours,
Rodney Tyre CFBE

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was there for 3 nights, overall was very happy with my stay, a typical Holiday inn, nice lobby and hallways, rooms are nice and clean, staff is very friendly and helpful.
Small quiet park 1 minute drive.
Ikea - next door,
10 minute drive to Metro Station.
2 minute drive to big shopping center (Shoppers).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel and staff.

Thank you also for a favorably review, we hope to see you in your future travels and thanks again. Hospitably

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed there in Jun 25 for one night and was scheduled to stay for another three nights. However, due to the bad condition of the hotel and the lack of care from the staff, I checked out and stayed elsewhere.

- The hotel is not kept in a good condition (broken items throughout the hotel - e.g. broken treadmills, broken soda machines, broken glass on fire alarm pulls)
- The staff simply didn't care about guests or weren't trained to do their jobs. It was as if they had no intention of helping guests. For example:
- I reported to the front desk that the treadmill stopped suddenly while I was running on it (almost causing me to hurt myself). The lady told the maintenance guy. He shrugged his shoulders and said "ok."
- I asked if there would be a charge for my early departure. The man at the front desk said, "I don't know."

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Texan_2006
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Texan_2006,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to College Park.

Ferdinand G.

Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#9 of 12 in College Park
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!