Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(College Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskattached restaurantbwi airporthotel shuttlebit datedindoor poolparking lotfree shuttlenational history daystayed one nightmetro stationshort driveright next doorwashington dcikeahousekeepingbeltway
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed there in Jun 25 for one night and was scheduled to stay for another three nights. However, due to the bad condition of the hotel and the lack of care from the staff, I checked out and stayed elsewhere.

- The hotel is not kept in a good condition (broken items throughout the hotel - e.g. broken treadmills, broken soda machines, broken glass on fire alarm pulls)
- The staff simply didn't care about guests or weren't trained to do their jobs. It was as if they had no intention of helping guests. For example:
- I reported to the front desk that the treadmill stopped suddenly while I was running on it (almost causing me to hurt myself). The lady told the maintenance guy. He shrugged his shoulders and said "ok."
- I asked if there would be a charge for my early departure. The man at the front desk said, "I don't know."

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Texan_2006
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Texan_2006,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to College Park.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Staff mostly excellent and very helpful. Facility was not as expected. rooms were quite small with a dampness (at least in our room) that never seemed to dry out. Air conditioner very noisy. TV reception very poor. free shuttle was nice and convenient although the front desk and different drivers did not communicate well re pick up points. We were there for an event at the University of Maryland and one driver picked up on campus at one point and other drivers at another point and riders were left in the dark (literally, waiting for pick up) about where they should stand for pick up. This was frustrating at times. Staff very eager to help and I could tell customer service was a priority, but the facility was not great and there seemed to be some miscommunication. I wish them well. I would not stay here again. I would give 2.5 if this were an option.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear caseyWhitewater,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be excellent and helpful.

On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear your negative experience with us. I am sorry if some items in your room fell below your standards. Additionally, I apologized for the troubles you have encountered with our shuttle service.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope that you would still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.

Dhan M

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We really would like to thank the HI-College Park for the SPECTACULAR job that Cynthia and her staff did on our wedding reception!!!

The ballroom was decorated beautifully and the staff was so friendly and attentive. They found napkins at the last minute that matched my wedding colors perfectly, I was so surprised!!!

Cynthia, the catering manager, was so patient with us and helped us organize a fabulous yet affordable wedding reception.

Also, the hotel gave a great discounted rate for our guests. All the guests really liked their hotel rooms and enjoyed the bar/restaurant in the Holiday Inn.

Most of all, all of my guest LOVED the food at the reception!!! People cannot stop talking about the food and they could not believe that the HICP catered our reception.

We could not have asked for a better location for our wedding reception because it was more than we could have ever hoped for.

We will definitely refer people to the Holiday Inn - College Park for lodging and event planning.

Room Tip: This Holiday Inn is literally right off I-495 so it is very convenient. Also, they have a shuttle bus that takes hotel guests to two different Metro train stations on the Green Line and anywhere else in a 5mile radius.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TKBeckford
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

We enjoyed the wedding as much as you and your guests, your video was amusing as well as entertaining,

Thank you for your kind words about Cynthia and the Staff, we have shared them with everyone and wish you well in the future and congratulations on a beautiful event.
Hospitably Your Holiday Inn Family

Reviewed June 7, 2013

As a Priority Club Platinum member, I had the fortune to stay in a couple of Holiday Inn and I was not impressed with this.

The good --

Front desk staff are great .. particularly an Asian gentleman .
Room (after it was changed) was not bad . Beds and pillows were comfortable.
Bathroom was clean and good.
Free Shuttle service to Metro

The not so good --

The room allotted to us had strong cigarette smell . The front desk immediately changed it but I suggest management check and clean ALL rooms in Tower 2. They might also consider converting certain floors as non-smoking floor (as is done in some other hotels)

Wifi was non existent. Even in the lobby it was very weak

We requested for a microwave during reservation but did not get one during the stay. Not a big deal though

I was charged $3.19 for a 1 minute domestic long distance call. while I understand it is hotel policy, most hotels now waive it. The long distance calls now cost less than a penny and it will only add to Hotel goodwill if they waive a reasonable amount of calls

Breakfast (paid) was not impressive. We ordered vegetable stuffed omlet and it smelled raw eggs. We went to nearby IHOP on second day

I am normally easily satisfied and will probably stay here again but management should definitely consider the above suggestions (particularly cleaning the non-smoking rooms in tower 2) if they want satisfied customers.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker ask for a higher floor room in Tower 1.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travellerMa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear travellerMa,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is pleasing to know that you found our front desk staff to be great and our shuttle service to be convenient. However, I am sorry that you found your room's smell to be inconvenient and if the Wifi connection was a disappointment. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to the area.

Pam G

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I coordinate travel for groups and absolutely love working with this property. I had a group there during the snowstorm this March, and the staff accommodated everyone well when their activities were cancelled and they returned to the hotel early. The rooms are great, and the commute in to DC is relatively easy. I highly recommend this hotel for business, family, and group travelers alike!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the vote of confidence and we appreciate all your business, we hope to continue our working relationship with you and your travel organization. Thanks again