“Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I planned an overnight stay as part of our date night. We wanted a hotel between DC and Baltimore. Overall experience met our expectations. Specifically, "Awesome" customer service to Miss Klyea, who works the front desk. I witnessed how she engaged with each customer. Confident, had a smile, demonstrated patience and very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thanks for your feedback and thanks for the great comments about Kylea, we are glad you were able to enjoy your date night and hope you will share many more at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I used reward points to stay here while visiting some friends in the area for a few days and to attend a concert in DC. Easy access to the highway and there was a metro station not too far away. Check-in went smoothly. Apparently there was some type of competition going on and there were kids everywhere. They did get noisy at times and were frequently in and out of each others rooms. I could have requested a new room but I ended up checking out before I was scheduled to. The restaurant and bar staff were very nice and helpful. I only ate there once and it was not busy at the time. The room appeared nice at first but I did find trash under the bed from previous guests. The night stand also had some sticky stuff on it. The bed was comfy. Room included microwave and mini fridge. Parking was no issue. The front desk staff were nice but when I checked out one staff member was engaging in conversation with another guest while trying to check me out. I had to repeat myself multiple times and that was annoying.

Room Tip: For a multi night stay don't stay on the first floor due to noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear AReezy,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a review. We regret any frustration you may have experienced with noise from other guests and at check out. We always strive to provide the best is our guest service and it looks like we have fallen below your expectations as well as our own. We will be discussing these issues with our staff to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for being our guest and for submitting your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future.

Adrian D.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and it was very nice. The room was spotless and very comfortable, including the beds and pillows. All staff members were professional and helpful. The buffet breakfast was a cost add-on, but worth the price ($10 per person, which also included wifi in the room). The only negatives were that the 'Wifi-Lite' in the room was almost non-existent, as I couldn't call up any web sites at all) and that the hallways, when it rained hard on the night we were there, were like ice rinks, very slippery, with no mats. I almost went down! Nice place, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback on your recent visit, so sorry about the mats we do have them but I think they were being cleaned on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and also your business. Thanks Hospitably Yours

Reviewed May 8, 2013

An excellent choice in the area for a reasonable price. Every staff member I dealt with was very friendly and professional. The breakfast room service had the best scrambled eggs I have tasted in a long time. The room was very clean and very QUIET. There was no outside noise at all.

I have noticed some concerns about the area this is in. Having lived in the DC area for years, I can tell you this is not the most prestigious area, but I assure you it is certainly far from the worst. The hotel itself is very secure. You have very easy access to I-95, the Metro, the University of Maryland, BWI/Amtrak - there are numerous restaurants within a short drive.

This hotel is highly recommended based on cleanliness, friendly staff, and its location.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be fairly quiet regardless of location. I was overlooking the Ikea loading dock and I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JKF56

Thanks so much for your kind words and feedback on your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the staff and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on our property. Thank you so much and hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I came to DC and was staying at a hotel that was just all wrong. So I did some complaining and some searching and not only did I find this wonderful Holiday Inn off of Baltimore Ave, but the wonderful staff at the front desk saw my frustration and also gave me a better deal than the hotel that I was staying. God bless all of you at that front desk and your dining area is the best! I look forward to returning there soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Derrick N

Wow,
What wonderful kind words for the staff, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again. Thanks for your business and patronage. Sincerely

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is worth every penny and it is not as many pennies as other hotels! Clean, excellent staff, great food at the adjoining restaurant with extras one would not expect at this price! I am in Maryland for a conference every year. Finally found the hotel to make the trip so much better!

Room Tip: Park the car and walk to IKEA right behind hotel. I was in a room that looked out into a courtyard a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kim r

We are truly glad that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to seeing you at conference time, don’t forget to enjoy Washington D.C. while you are in town.

Thanks for your warm and sincere comments they are very much appreciated.

Hospitably Yours

Reviewed April 2, 2013

While traveling back from NC to NY, I was looking for a hotel without a reservation and came upon this gem. I travel often, and have stayed at some glamorous hotels, but the quality of staff working here really out did any other place I have stayed. They were very accomidating, calling to check and make sure that our stay was meeting our expectations. The room was great, nice king sized bed, and a very pretty bathroom. The only problem was that the pool was closed for repair (although we weren't even expecting a pool, nor did we have suits). Other than that, I definitely plan on making a trip down to D.C. to explore the area, and will certainly stay here again!
If ordering take-in, we ordered from two seperate places, refusing to take either order due to waiting almost an hour and a half, for each delivery when they said 30-45 minutes. By the third hour we were Starving! With the restaurant closed, the staff was able to offer us sadwichs with chips! They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable! We did decline though, we were already craving McDonalds which was right up the road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JenK208

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property and we will have the pool up for your next visit. Don’t forget to bring your bathing suits. Thank you for your kind words and feedback, as I will share them with our staff. Thanks again

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Days Inn College Park
Days Inn College Park
#7 of 12 in College Park
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!