“Crazy area, peaceful hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Washington College Park

Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Exeter, Rhode Island
“Crazy area, peaceful hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and it was very nice. The room was spotless and very comfortable, including the beds and pillows. All staff members were professional and helpful. The buffet breakfast was a cost add-on, but worth the price ($10 per person, which also included wifi in the room). The only negatives were that the 'Wifi-Lite' in the room was almost non-existent, as I couldn't call up any web sites at all) and that the hallways, when it rained hard on the night we were there, were like ice rinks, very slippery, with no mats. I almost went down! Nice place, though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback on your recent visit, so sorry about the mats we do have them but I think they were being cleaned on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and also your business. Thanks Hospitably Yours

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

An excellent choice in the area for a reasonable price. Every staff member I dealt with was very friendly and professional. The breakfast room service had the best scrambled eggs I have tasted in a long time. The room was very clean and very QUIET. There was no outside noise at all.

I have noticed some concerns about the area this is in. Having lived in the DC area for years, I can tell you this is not the most prestigious area, but I assure you it is certainly far from the worst. The hotel itself is very secure. You have very easy access to I-95, the Metro, the University of Maryland, BWI/Amtrak - there are numerous restaurants within a short drive.

This hotel is highly recommended based on cleanliness, friendly staff, and its location.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be fairly quiet regardless of location. I was overlooking the Ikea loading dock and I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JKF56
Thanks so much for your kind words and feedback on your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the staff and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on our property. Thank you so much and hope to see you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I came to DC and was staying at a hotel that was just all wrong. So I did some complaining and some searching and not only did I find this wonderful Holiday Inn off of Baltimore Ave, but the wonderful staff at the front desk saw my frustration and also gave me a better deal than the hotel that I was staying. God bless all of you at that front desk and your dining area is the best! I look forward to returning there soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Derrick N
Wow,
What wonderful kind words for the staff, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again. Thanks for your business and patronage. Sincerely
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is worth every penny and it is not as many pennies as other hotels! Clean, excellent staff, great food at the adjoining restaurant with extras one would not expect at this price! I am in Maryland for a conference every year. Finally found the hotel to make the trip so much better!

Room Tip: Park the car and walk to IKEA right behind hotel. I was in a room that looked out into a courtyard a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kim r
We are truly glad that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to seeing you at conference time, don’t forget to enjoy Washington D.C. while you are in town.

Thanks for your warm and sincere comments they are very much appreciated.

Hospitably Yours
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

While traveling back from NC to NY, I was looking for a hotel without a reservation and came upon this gem. I travel often, and have stayed at some glamorous hotels, but the quality of staff working here really out did any other place I have stayed. They were very accomidating, calling to check and make sure that our stay was meeting our expectations. The room was great, nice king sized bed, and a very pretty bathroom. The only problem was that the pool was closed for repair (although we weren't even expecting a pool, nor did we have suits). Other than that, I definitely plan on making a trip down to D.C. to explore the area, and will certainly stay here again!
If ordering take-in, we ordered from two seperate places, refusing to take either order due to waiting almost an hour and a half, for each delivery when they said 30-45 minutes. By the third hour we were Starving! With the restaurant closed, the staff was able to offer us sadwichs with chips! They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable! We did decline though, we were already craving McDonalds which was right up the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JenK208
So pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property and we will have the pool up for your next visit. Don’t forget to bring your bathing suits. Thank you for your kind words and feedback, as I will share them with our staff. Thanks again
Poughkeepsie, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just returned from this Holiday Inn. We could not find one negative thing about it. Hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating, beds were comfortable, rooms and the hotel itself was immaculate, shuttle service was great. Diane, mgr. at the restaurant was very helpful and a pleasure to meet. Food was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pat D
You are wonderful for giving us such a great review we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. We also hope to see you when your travels bring you back to the Washington D.C. Area.

Kindest Regards and Thanks Again.
Staten Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an unassuming Holiday Inn that warrants PRIMARY consideration when in the area. My room was immaculate and spacious. Check in was the quickest I've had in memory. The staff assigned a very quiet room, back of hotel, as requested; as it happened, facing the IKEA parking lot. There were several business functions/large meetings that took place while I was there and they affected me NOT at all. Just started a long term project in the area and will return.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower 2 (back of two buildings) and facing back of building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank caddiedaddy
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to our property. If there is anything we can assist you with your long term project, please feel free and contact us so we can help facilitate and make it easy as possible for our valued customers.

Warm Regards, and again thanks for your kindest of words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in College Park
3.0 of 5 stars 281 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!