“Excellent Service @ a family event”

Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My family, the Washingtons, and I want to thank you all for the festive atmosphere and friendly service, and your excellent--delicious breakfast buffet. The hospitaly crew and managers did a great job in assuring that we had a wonderful and rememberable time. Kudo to all involved!

Cosby Washington

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I have shared this with the entire staff and appreciate your kind words.

Thanks so much as we appreciate your business. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Visiting my granddaughter at College Park recently, I checked Tripadvisor for hotel recommendations. Somehow the Holiday Inn came up as no. 1. Well I booked a stay there. What a mistake. If it is no. 1, I'd hate to stay at no. 2. Holiday Inn must be "cooking" the reviews. Dirty, stained, old, hall carpets should have given me a clue but I had already paid in advance. First time I've been seriously mislead by Tripadvisor. The room was marginal, at best. Owners must be paying people to write glowing reviews. On a scale of 1 to 5, my rating of 1 is too generous. And someone gave it a 5 rating. B... S...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LarryN88
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay, we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your visit. The carpet that you referred to is being addressed and will be corrected very soon.

This carpet does not reflect the rest of our property and we have replaced the carpet in the entire hotel. We did fall short in finishing the area in which you described and are waiting for the carpet to arrive to the property.

In reference to the guest reviews those comments are from guest that have actually stayed at our property and have been satisfied customers. I only regret that we could not change the carpet before your visit to our property.

We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit and hopefully will give us another opportunity to put our best foot forward with you and your family.
Hospitably Yours

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Holiday Inn, College Park. The room type we reserved was gone when we checked-in, which was a little bit of a drag, but they gave us a nice discount and we got into a bigger room the next night. Everything was clean and comfortable, employees very friendly, restaurant next door good food and service.

My only complaint is that the pool is closed from 10am to 5pm, pretty much the prime time my son wanted to swim, but we worked around that.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators and facing the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thanks so much for your positive comments about the hotel and staff. I have shared your comments with them and appreciate you taking the time to give such wonderful comments.

Thanks for staying with us as we know you have many choices and we appreciate your business.

Thanks again Hospitably yours

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Came in from DCA for a 3day conference. Not walking distance from Metro and hotel shuttle was not reliable for transport to and from Metro station.
My room was clean and bathroom had been recently remodeled, although the room itself was a little shabby. Customer service was good.
Conference room was fine and catering at lunch time was quite good. The restaurant is nothing special though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall visit at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are re-training and re-focusing the restaurant staff to exceed customer expectations.

Thanks for your feedback; this is truly a benefit to help training our staff for superior customer service.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Great bunch of folks. Just stayed at the holiday inn college park for 2 nights. Hotel is looks plain from the outside, but it is very nice. Great steak house restraunt with good specials. It's the folks working st this hotel that make it special. I travel a lot and have never experienced a more friendly or helpful group. Kept waiting to encounter one person with a bad attitude but never did Really a great bunch of folks. Management should be proud.

• Stayed: November 2012

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we are also pleased that the staff created that warm atmosphere during your recent visit. Please keep us in mind when your in the area, and also we appreciate your business.
Sincerely Yours

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We chose this hotel while visiting family in the Silver Springs MD area. It was our home base. Working in a service business myself I am very aware of customer service. This hotel perfomed wonderfully, from check in to check out we felt very welcomed. In particular, we got back to the hotel late on Sunday evening (around 10:30) and I was really looking forward to a relaxing glass of wine but the lounge had closed due to inactivity. The front desk clerk (Lisa??) called someone to see if they could open the lounge to accomodate my wine request and take up to our room. Deb ( I don't know what her title was) graciously opened the bar, and poured two healthy glasses of wine for us. It was so much appreciated and it was done spontaneously and graciously.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and every employee we came in contact with smiled and said hello. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

I have shared your warm sentiments with the staff especially Lisa and Debra, and we are so glad the staff exceeded your expectations. We hope this will bring you back to our hotel for years to come, thanks for the kind words of praise. We appreciate your business and you as a customer. Thanks Again

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I first stayed in this hotel while chaperoning my daughter's high school choir trip two years ago. Our stay was very pleasant and the staff was more than accomodating to such a large group! Since then, it has become our "home away from home" as our daughter has chosen to attend college in Washington, DC and we travel down often for games and school events. The hotel is just a short drive from DC and is a definite savings compared to the pricier hotels in the DC area. The staff has always been courteous, rooms clean and bathrooms spotless. Hallways can be a bit loud if you like to sleep in, especially on Sundays when people check out early. Breakfast buffet has always been nice. Dinners average, service a bit slow, but good if you want to eat in and not venture out. Lots of choices to choose from in the area, Dunkin' and Starbucks close by. Recently there with whole family for parent weekend, 3 connecting rooms and family was very happy. They will be back also for DC fun trips in the spring and summer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Murray194

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations when staying at our hotel. The entire staff tries to make you feel like you are at home, and hope that you know we are always here if you ever need any one of us. Thanks for your warm comments and feedback on Tripadvisor, we appreciate it.
Sincerely Yours

#8 of 11 in College Park
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
The Hotel at the University of Maryland
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!