“Round trip”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed May 30, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed May 15, 2012

So I'll be honest - my first impression wasn't great. I use a wheelchair and when I got here I did not have assistance and unfortunately I couldn't make it up the ramp to get into the lobby to check in.
It was very late and the front desk clerk came outside to meet me and got me checked in. He was as accommodating as possible and very friendly.
The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. (and I have a very bad back)
The next day we decided to extend our stay another night. Front desk clerk during the day was also very friendly and helpful. I spoke personally with the manager later in the day regarding the access issues for people in wheelchairs - and WOW! He was SO nice & friendly and understanding and I have every belief that he really will fix the access issues. If they are fixed I would give it a 5 out of 5 rating!
Thanks for a great stay despite having the access issues. :)

Room Tip: Handicap accessible room is in the back of hotel with parking directly in front of the room and easy...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Michelle O:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Ensuring guest satisfaction is our number one priority at the Days Inn College Park,MD. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis and my team is excited to hear you had a positive experience.

We look forward to serving your future accommodation needs

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Although they lost my reservation and i did not check in until 5:45am the next morning they were able to find me a nice clean room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Hungry23:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 301-345-5000.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Although the property looked old and room carpet looked worn, the room was very clean and front desk staff were outstanding in their services very friendly and well informed. Good breakfast and great location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Dear John W, Thank you for staying with us and for your review, Thank you for mentioning our staff exceptional services; our room cleanliness and our wonderful continental breakfast which is complimentary; I’m very proud of our team.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope that you will have the chance to use our free exercise facility and free internet service at your next visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

The Days Inn College Park is in serious need of repair. It's old and the bed linens are threadbare. I'm definitely not a fussy traveler but even this was a bit much for me. The metal stairs were rusting with big holes in them. It is a no-frill, bare bones kind of place. I only paid $40 to stay there and thats exactly what I got -$40 worth of quality

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Briana81
Reviewed October 7, 2010

It was a last minute decision to go to Maryland, and I found the hotel to be just the ticket. It was accessible, clean and quiet.
There was a "continental style" breakfast every morning, with some healthy options. I found the hotel staff , very responsive to my needs - especially the charming cleaning staff. I slept well, and had no cause for complaint.
I would go back

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I've stayed in some bad hotels while moving around with the military. Many much worse for much more money. The old adage of "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. We paid just over $60 a night to go to DC so we didn't expect 5 star digs. We would have liked to have a microwave & mini fridge in the room but the beds were clean & the bathroom was clean so we were happy. I don't pay for a hotel to use their restaurant, their exercise facilities or to go to the spa. I pay for somewhere to sleep. If you're looking for bells & whistles you should be looking at a 4 or 5 star joint, not a motel. Parking is plentiful if a bit awkward to use - not much space between the fence & your space to turn in to. The neighborhood was pretty quiet, but Baltimore Ave is a main thoroughfare with lots of traffic. We did not have a coffee pot, & there is NO pool (some photos show one). Suggest leaving the hotel at the back entrance & going down 2 streets then hanging a left to the light when trying to get out on the main road with traffic. They accept pets too, which was a must for us on the family vacation. Only a few minutes from the parking area for the Metro so it was worth the $ to us. The internet is indeed free but I wouldn't say high speed by any means, it took several minutes for any 1 site to load. I'd recommend it if you wanted to get to DC on the cheap or you needed a last minute place to stay. It is what it is, not a 5 star but not the worst hotel on the planet either. Really near to U of Maryland for those who don't like drunk college towns, or those that do.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank R78
DAYSINN6812, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience. Ensuring guest satisfaction is our number one priority at the Days Inn College Park,MD. I am saddened to hear that your stay was not perfect, but look forward to making your stay much more satisfying in the future. Please be informed that our outdoor seasonal swimming pool opens from Memorial Day through Labor Day of each year. Our guest rooms are also equipped with the standard amenities including coffee makers, ironing kit and guest room safes.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you better in the future.ture.