WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in College Park
SE Texas
“Room was clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a very small issue with the room but enjoyed all aspects of my stay. Liked how they transformed an old Holiday Inn outdoor motel into an indoor hotel. I enjoyed my stay and the staff was very friendly towards me. 95% of the room was clean and comfortable. The 5% is not even worth mentioning and I am sure was addressed immediately. Will return when returning to DC/Maryland area.

Room Tip: Had an interior room by shuffle board and it was quiet enough for me to rest comfortably.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Felt very unsafe staying there. The people hanging around in the parking lot were sketchy. Front desk clerk was not friendly or pleasant. Was run down, dirty. Breakfast not on par with other Choice Hotels. Will not return.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lexington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel in College Park with my family for 2 days this summer. Our stay was organized by Carol Nelson of J and C Tours and Cruises. Ms. Nelson did a fabulous job in securing our stay at the Clarion. Our room was clean and comfortable. The fundome and its activities, which included a pool, shuffleboard, and a mini Putt-Putt, were very accessible. The free breakfast was great with many selections. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, too. We were travelling with a group that had to leave early for activities on one morning of our stay. The staff arranged to have breakfast served earlier than usual for our group. I would definitely stay at the Clarion and Fundome again.

Room Tip: The fundome is on the ground level and can be accessed right outside your room if you are staying on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Malverne, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a group booked at the hotel it was a pleasure working with group sales the rates was reasonable my group leader stated that , the rooms were clean the breakfast was great the workers very nice to the group and overall her group had a wonderful stay I would book this property again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My job requires me to travel and stay in hotels most of the year. First let me say this - my company pays my hotel expenses, so if I don't like a hotel, I find another one. I stayed at this hotel from March until September...around 200 days. The staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The indoor pool, hot tub, and exercise room were clean and modern. I have to return to DC at the end of Oct. and have my room already reserved. As a fellow traveler I hope this review helps you.

Room Tip: Ask if a large suite is available. They are perfect for a family unit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank marty h
Tiverton, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I love to go to Washington, D.C., but find the hotel prices there to be quite high, so we love to stay in College Park, MD and take the train into the city. The free hotel shuttle allows us to to this and all we have to do is work our schedule around the shuttle availability hours. The drivers are great and go above and beyond to be helpful!
I am also in a wheelchair and the accessible room seems to have been recently updated, particularly the bathroom and is worth the money. The hotel is fairly clean, but the Asian restaurant, though the food is pretty good, seemed dated and could also use an update, which I am sure is somewhere in the plans.
The staff is very nice and courteous and I cannot complain. We have stayed there three times already and I'm sure we will again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Wenonah C
Somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Overall we were very pleased with our recent Clarion stay. One very big disappointment was the breakfast which was offered. There were no choices within the egg/protein selection. Cold hard boiled eggs each and every morning. Also, one particular morning at 9:45A they ran out of eggs and the server refused to replenish. We did contact the front desk and get remediation. We traveled cross country using the Clarion Family of Hotels and this was the worst breakfast we ever experienced. We loved the family activites offered and this offset our poor breakfast experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Days Inn College Park
#9 of 11 in College Park
College Park Hotel & Suites near Univ. of Maryland
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!