“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of New York Deli

New York Deli
Ranked #78 of 107 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Beltsville, Maryland
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I ordered food online because I purchased a Groupon. I chose an option to get "blackened" chicken on the chicken salad that I ordered. It did not state that this required an additional charge, but someone called my house to state that there would be a $2 charge for "extra" chicken. When I arrived to pick it up, I told the two argumentative people there that I did not ask for "extra" chicken, just "blackened" chicken. When I was there, I observed the cook putting his hands in the salad, and then cleaning the counter with a sponge. I asked about the cleanliness of his hands when he touches the food he is preparing. I also asked why he was not wearing gloves.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank 199Customer

Annapolis, Maryland
“Nice breakfast platter.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast at this greasy spoon cafe. $4.99 egg potato platter with choice of meat (pastrami for me) was tasty and filling. Don't think you can go wrong here for lunch either.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank annapolis123
College Park, Maryland, United States
“DRIVER SPITS IN YOUR FOOD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

DRIVER SPITS IN YOUR FOOD!

Most of the ppl who work at NYD are very nice and I've ordered from them for years with no problem but they have one new driver who hopefully will not be working for them any longer. If a goth girl named Rachel delivers your food I highly suggest you don't eat it. She spat in my drink today and though the owner apologized and refunded and promised she was going to be fired I thought people ought to know, just in case the girl is allowed to keep her job and tries doing this to someone else.

Apparently expecting a delivery person to get out of their car and come to the door is being a horrible enough customer to warrant such a disgusting act. Luckily I suspected from her attitude and the fact that my soda lid was partially off and checked before I took a drink or a bite.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Visited May 2013
6 Thank Fae S
Silver Spring
“OK for the Money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I ate lunch there. You have to go to the counter to place your order. Then it is brought to your table. I ordered a Pastrami Rueben sandwich, which consisted of bread, sauerkraut, a slice of cheese, some pastrami, and dressing. It also came with a handful of potato chips (mostly small broken pieces and crumbs), and a slice of pickle. There was more sauerkraut than pastrami. Overall, the sandwich wasnt bad, considering it cost just $6.99. I would have preferred paying a dollar or two more, and gotten more pastrami. There are much better Jewish-style delis in the area, but they might be 3 or 4 miles away. If you have been to a real NY deli, you probably would not be happy with this place.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Charles G
Abingdon, Maryland
“Business trip lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

First time eating there and the food was good. Especially since there were so many people to be served at lunch time.

Visited October 2012