“China Would Frown A Big Frown”
Review of China Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Buffet
Ranked #86 of 114 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'm not the one to rate food or a restaurant too horribly if the basics are taken care of, but these employees have backed me up against the wall. Here is my list of problems:

1. Cold Food
2. Slow Service W/ an Empty Restaurant
3. Unclean

Now my list of good things:
1. Friendly Faces

As you can see... there is a disparity here that has caused me to never return, I couldn't chew my fried fish. I had to ask for new bread because it was so cold. Although lots of the food was almost empty, during my entire stay, I saw not one of the pans refreshed besides the bread I asked for. I was very disappointed overall. I would rather go to Teppanyaki. It isn't incredible, but it's definitely a step up from China Buffet.

1  Thank Deborah J

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have been eating here for over 2yrs and the food is excellent the place is clean the waitresses all always picking up your dirty plates and the price is great. We are 2 seniors and the bill is only $12.52 drink included during the week and a little more on weekends. I live in Upper Marlboro and drive there at least 3 times a month.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

This place was the worst buffet I have ever been to, The seafood was few and far between and that is why we were there. The floor was so sticky you were afraid to stand in one spot to long in fear of being stuck there forever. This is the first China Buffet I have ever been to that has only Spanish music coming through the speakers. NASTY, NASTY PLACE.....

2  Thank Lindy1234
Reviewed September 19, 2010

when I walked through the door no hello or greeting just a rude " you pay first" billed asking for tip upfront got none....told to sit anywhere so I did... and was asked to move. no service what so ever ..up to buffet nothing labelled..get your own water we don't serve table....plates not removed when up to buffet 2nd time the floors dirty
and food was terrible cold and tastless.

3  Thank thephoenixrisesagain