“Excellent Mexican Restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
USA
“Excellent Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My partner and I had an excellent dinner at the Azteca Restaurant and Cantina in College Park. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Josue our server was attentive and very friendly. When in College Park visit the Azteca for a fine Mexican dinner.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank bb6739

College Park, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and great food that is reasonably priced”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The service is very good. We were greeted multiple times upon entering and the server was very friendly and knew the menu very well. The owner came by and introduced himself and asked us how our food was. The menu is reasonably priced with a wide variety to choose from. We both ordered the chicken fajitas which were huge and very delicious. Our food came out very quickly and the restaurant was very clean with a great atmosphere. Only problem is that the parking lot is small and you might have trouble getting a spot when it is busy. We will definitely be going back!

• Visited March 2012
“Really good food!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This place is very nice! The food was excellent. Best tres leches cake I've ever had, hands down! Service was a little slow but everyone was really nice.

College Park, MD
“New, Nice, Clean; Authentic Fare, but kids can get burgers! Wkends till 2am!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

You'll find Azteca across Route 1, from the Honda Dealer, just south of the Bltwy entrance, on Rt 1; dont blink! Pull-off quickly, to the right side of the entrance; lotsa hidden free parking back there! New, clean, lovely, with daytime tablecloths were my first impressions! If like me, you have problems with thick accents (owners/workers seem to be maybe from El Salvadore), ask for 'Drew;' his accent is from Minnesota! In a hurry, we found the menu a little 'busy' & hard to follow, on first sight. After ordering off the 'luncheon square,' I found the ala carte section, I wished I'd noticed earlier. Sticking with familiar fare, was very pleased to find shredded vs. ground beef in my tacos, and enchiladas were stuffed with fresh-tasting chicken. Everything tasted 'authentic!' 2 temps. of hot sauce was a plus. Large portions, & tho hungry, we couldnt finish, & wished we'd brought our own recyclable take-home containers (tho styro served us well). Will return for more diverse offerings from their large menu, that tempts with extensive, mouthwatering seafood offerings, from Sopa de Mariscos to Azteca Pasta (chicken,sausage, & shrimp, with a nice array of veggies)! Am also curious about the Sun. Brunch,10:30-3pm. Only negative was our margaritas. Was happy chose smallest of 3 sizes of the frozen original. It seemed over-pulverized, making my friend suspect a 'mix?' Tho almost whipped, with an offtaste that I could only describe as 'stale ice,' I detected no powdery taste. Drew assured the ice was fresh, and I admit to being overly sensitive, but I found the same taste in my drinking water. I think they may need to use commercial drinking water & ice, until the long-time unused water suppy pipes flush themselves out, but I could be wrong! At 1st glance, as you zip down the always-busy highway, it appears there's only 4 or 5 prkng places, in the front. I fear unless a HUGE sign is soon errected, stating "Parking in Rear,"(with a big arrow, showing where to hop off the road), that Asteca will be short-lived (and that would be a shame).

• Visited January 2012
College Park MD
“A Good College Park Option”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Great food though the service seemed slow. I will go back but not often since prices are high and parking is a little awkward.

• Visited December 2011