“Gluten Free Treasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jason's Deli
Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Flint, Michigan
“Gluten Free Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We recently visited for lunch. I have celiac disease and I've heard they had gluten free options. I was extremely impressed with the knowledge and care that went into making my lunch safe for me to enjoy.
We were greeted by a young person who took our order. Usually a bad sign. I asked for gluten free bread for my sandwich. She then asked me if I had a sensitivity to gluten or if I was avoiding gluten for other reasons. My boyfriend asked what difference it made. She then explained to him how they would take great precautions into making my sandwich by using a special area, using a clean knife etc to prevent residual gluten exposure, and went on to explain how important it was.
My sandwich came wrapped in paper, his wasn't.
The bread was excellent! By far the best gluten free bread I've ever eaten ! The bread was in large thick slices and the taste and texture was like real bread!! It was delish!!! I had no reactions at all which is unusual. Wonderful experience! I just wish that we had a Jason's Deli in my area. Next time I'm in town, I will definitely return!

• Visited April 2014

Rockville, Maryland
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food and service is always good. They make you fresh and good food and bring it to your table. Their Ruben sandwich is just great. Their salad bar is also good and fresh.

Visited February 2014
Las Vegas
“Love the free ice cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had a turkey wrap with broccoli soup which was delicious. I wish the sandwich were a tiny bit larger. My husband had a reuben sandwich which was a little tough and not very tasty. I would not recommend that. The bathroom was clean. The free ice cream was a welcomed surprise and delicious treat.

Visited January 2014
Golden, Colorado
“Excellent Salad Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

A salad bar on a warm summer's day is always attractive; this one was clean and the variety was there. The greens and vegetables were fresh and crisp. There were mixed nuts and mixed dried fruits - not always seen these days. Small muffins and free ice cream rounded it off for me.

Parking costs money - not much, but it is annoying. Access to the restaurant is straightforward. The staff was cordial and helpful. The place was clean.

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Corned Beef sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The sandwich was very good, but I would have liked a better selection of deli options, such as better pickles.

Visited March 2013