“Fresh and Friendly”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is my favorite sushi restaurant. It's always fresh and delicious, and the service is great. It's a cozy, friendly place. The sushi rolls are wonderful. The teriyaki salmon is always perfectly cooked. The Bento Boxes are fun, and actually more food than it seems. The Miso Soup is delicate. Always a hit.

3  Thank FoodSong

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love sushi and have found this to be the BEST by far in the area. Always fresh, tasty and lots to choose from. The owner has a "specials" menu and they always change it around, so it is a treat to see what new yummy specials there will be. Love some of the standard items- Boston roll, ebi tempura roll...and also menu items like chicken hibachi for those who are not Sushi lovers.

4  Thank blondsam
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Hanami is the only real sit down sushi place in College Park. They have a pretty good selection of food, but it's more expensive than the other places as well- and I wouldn't say worth the extra money either. The service used to be great but the last time I was there it was downright annoying. Servers interrupting conversation, Asking every other minute if we needed something, etc. I get the green tea each time hoping it won't be burnt this time... but it always is.

The upside is that the sushi is decent, as well as some of the other food such as the fried rice, and having a quieter atmosphere to talk. That's really it. I'd rather go to Wasabi Bistro or Kiyoko.

1  Thank Jane A
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Went into Hanami the day after venturing into PHo D'lite in the same shopping center, after having an average meal at Pho, I thought that this sushi would be sub par. To my surprise the sushi was so fresh and tasty. I noticed that almost all of the patrons were of Asian decent when we walked into the restaurant. I always find that to be a very good sign. Both my daughter and I had 3 sushi rolls each and we walked out very satisfied with our meal. I would highly recommend this establishment for sushi.

3  Thank daisyleejamie
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Loved Hanami of College park, flavorful sushi, colorful and fresh. Had the UMD sushi which had red fish eggs, avocado & tempura shrimp. yummy!

4  Thank artytraveller_11