“Go almost every week, always amazing!”
Review of Hanami

Hanami
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Columbia, MD
“Go almost every week, always amazing!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I work in College Park and frequent Hanami almost every week of the year. It is the best sushi place I have ever eaten at and one of the best in the Baltimore-Washington Area. Irene, the owner is a very talented business woman and runs the place with efficiency, but also care and attention for her customers. The menu is extensive and the specialty rolls are outstanding. She really spends a lot of time planning out the menu with her staff, having specials, ways to engage customers and bring in new customers and retain them. I have been going for almost two years and not only does Irene know me and take the time to talk to me, the waitresses know me too and immediately ask if I want my usual drinks. The service is the best. One of three places where they recognize me that I go weekly, but the only one that has every aspect put together well.

You have to try the Sunrise Roll, it is my favorite. Also the Dancing Eel is great as is so many other rolls I can’t think of. Irene is very particular about her suppliers and the consistency of the food, which has never, in my opinion changed at all.

With changing specials routinely and new ways to reach out, it is well worth the visit. Plan ahead though, especially during busy times, you might have to wait a bit for your food, but that is because it is all hand crafted and the presentation is just as important as the quality of the food. Trust me it is worth it, or go at an off time and you’ll get quick service.

I took my girlfriend for the first time when she was in town and she was really impressed.

Hands down the best place to eat in College Park.

Find them on FourSquare, there are deals on there and try to beat me out as the Mayor. :)

• Visited January 2013
8 Thank Field_Master

Potomac, Maryland
“Sushi Bar”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I like thier sushi bar. Lunch hour is the also convenient to dine
at this place. Thier bento boxes are filling. Boat is well priced for a group of 4.

Visited November 2012
6 Thank Fazia M
“Yamato!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Seriously Hanami is by far the best sushi restaurant In the DMV! The sushi is amazing, very fresh and tasty. Our favorite is the yamato roll, however everything else we have had we also enjoyed! The staff is amazing! The sushi chef will create new unique dishes for you if you ask. The servers are very attentive. The owner is very kind, nice and makes sure that you are having a wonderful experience. We love eating here and any time we go else where for sushi we find ourselves wishing we had come to Hanami? Even when we are too tired to go out to eat we will get them delivered. So good!

11 Thank Jillian L
Silver Spring, Maryland
“great spot for lunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Hanami always serves up tasty food well prepared. The staff is friendly and helpful. Note the lunch menu options.

• Visited April 2012
9 Thank adventuretrips
Naperville, Illinois
“It's Okay.”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I find Hanami okay. Food is okay nothing so fancy or great or maybe I just got something that is just from the ordinary, maybe. Service is good. Food attendant was attentive to my needs. Sushi I ordered is fresh & the Teriyaki is served on a sizzling plate which is not common. Overall 1 to 5 I will give them a 4. Area is clean and so is the washroom.

• Visited March 2012