“Excellent value...good rooms, great location”

Ramada Limited Cockeysville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cockeysville
Northeast PA
“Excellent value...good rooms, great location”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Attended with my daughter's basketball travel team. Was worried because of a few reviews here, but the rooms were exceedingly clean and well-kept. The location is excellent (a Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts right across the road and a Chik-Fil-A right next door). Within a 5 minute drive of great mall and the staff was pleasant. I usually stay at Hamptons or Marriotts and this room was more than adequate for our needs (and the $66 rate was less than half of what I normally pay). The air conditioning was loud but the beds were comfortable and the breakfast (though simple) was fine. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are on a budget.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Denver, PA
Reviewed January 16, 2009

We have been staying at this motel annually for five years to sell at a fishing show at the nearby state fairgrounds. It was the morning of third night of our stay this year, when we found our where our insect bites were coming from - BEDBUGS!!!
I crushed one, and took it, oozing with my blood, to the office, where the three people working there seemed neither surprised nor concerned!!
We'll never stay there again, and have initiated a chargeback - that's right, they actually CHARGED us for staying there, when we now have to spend hundreds of dollars for an exterminator to make sure our home doesn't get infested!!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Infested with BEDBUGS!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Thank Dr.DonFromDenver

Travelers are raving about these Cockeysville hotels

New York
Reviewed September 3, 2008

My husband and I are fans of thoroughbred racing and try to hit Timonium during the MD state fair to catch the live races. when I looked up hotels in the area, they were priced over $150 per night, this hotel being the exception at $66 per night. In order to have more money to bet with , I chose this hotel. I read prior reviews from other travelers and was, to say the least, very leery. To put it best, I expected the worst and was very pleasantly surprised. Our room was onthe second floor. Although it was no Ritz Carlton, it was clean, had no odors as past guests have written, and seemed to be freshly painted. The bathroom was spotless, and the young woman at the front desk was more than helpful. The pool looked clean and was set in back of the hotel off the main road which was nice. The housekeeping kept us in fresh towels and soaps daily. Free wireless internet a plus too. We didn't try the continental breakfast so I can't comment on that. A bit noisy being on the main road and a little dated, but for what we paid it was a bargain ! I would stay there again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — A bit dated
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed May 24, 2008

I would disagree with some of the other reviews in that the Ramada Limited was clean, comfortable, and affordably priced.

We needed to be in the Baltimore area in early March for 13 days because our daughter needed surgery, so we wanted an affordable but safe base. Having stayed at places like this, i.e. motels that the door fronts a parking lot, I didn't expect much, and I was pleasantly surprised.

The location wasn't a surprise, nor was the decor or the layout, but the room was spotless and the owners couldn't have been nicer. The continental breakfast was what one might expect; doughnuts, pastry, muffins, etc. but the coffee was decent and so was the juice.

If you go to a limited expecting a Marriott or Hilton or regular Ramada experience, you will not be getting that. But it sure beats any Motel 6, 8, or Red Roof that I've seen.

The York Road location is decent, too...turn left, go up a way, turn right and you're at Hunt Valley. Turn right, go into Baltimore, Timonium, or Towson. You want fast food, it's everywhere. Coffee, ditto. Outback and Carabbas and other eateries, also a fabulous Wegman's grocery store, are in Hunt Valley. There are Macaroni Grills, steakhouses, fish places, everywhere. As for shopping, a good map will get you to White Marsh or Owings Mills, or just head down York Road or up to Hunt Valley.

Since our daughter and grandchildren are in Baltimore, and we often have to do extended stays, I imagine we'll be back to the Limited. And that's fine with me.

• Liked — cleanliness, price, location
  • Disliked — I prefer an hotel.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed January 22, 2008

I used this hotel while attending some training in the Hunt Valley area. I booked it through my company's corporate travel agency and the choice was based primarily on the nightly cost and the fact that it was very close to the training facility. The hotel was about $20-$25/day cheaper then all the other hotels in the area. Apparently there is a reason for this...

Summary: I have stayed at a good number of hotels in my time and I found this hotel to be one of the most cruddy to date. Not a rat trap, but not far off.

Room Quality: The room I was given was very unappealing. The decor was an outdated 80's style and very worn looking. The walls were cracked. The paint was messed up and it had peeling wall paper. The carpet was dirty and stained as well. Much of the furniture was downright dirty and stained. The hotel services guide book was ripped up and had hand written notes scribbled all over it. It looks like nothing had been updated in this room in 20+ years. The only positive thing I can say is I didn't see any bugs or rodents (but I wouldn't be suprised to see them).

Location: The hotel is directly on York Road and because of this it is in a very noisy area. It is not a high rise hotel so all the rooms are close to the street and noisy businesses. In addition, the area surrounding the hotel is faily industrial and a bit run down. If you must stay here, ask for a room around the back of the hotel as it will probably be a little quieter.

Facilities: This hotel has no facilities except an outdoor pool. Given the area and the way the hotel is maintained I don't think I'd want to take a swim there though. The reception area seems to have bullet proof glass for the clerk which makes me wonder what kind of clientele frequent this place.

Services: The hotel offers wireless internet service. There is no business center or other services. The performance of the internet link was a bit slow.

Food: Free continental breakfast. There is no hotel restaurant but there is a Chick-Fil-A next door as well as a number of local restaurants within the surrounding area.

Price: Very cheap and rightfully so.

Recommendation: Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Cheap price. Close to the training center I had to attend
  • Disliked — Room quality was terrrible. Everything was run down.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed September 10, 2007

They were remodeling the hotel roof and some rooms (it was needed) I have stayed in many hotels that were doing some sort of upgrading or repair but the work never started before 8am and sometimes not before 9am. Here they started at 7am and you could here the lift truck at 6:45am. Any comment or request to management was met with out right rudeness. They acted like they were doing you a favor by letting you stay there. We were there for business and didn’t have the time to move to another hotel or we would have. The breakfast liked sad and we weren’t bold enough to try it. I believe they have a pool somewhere but was unable to use it because the pool hours were 12 noon to 8pm, I have never heard of such stupid hours.

Stayed August 2007
Reston, VA
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Good basic accomodations for $60/night (Internet rate is same as direct call rate). Clean, largish room with a king-sized bed. TV with free HBO. On the main drag (York Road). Free continental breakfast. I stayed there for 5 days while at a bridge tournament.

1 Thank Ronald K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cockeysville
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to Ramada Limited Cockeysville? Share your experiences!