“Nice local Italian restaurant”

Carlos Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlos Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Lane Shopping Center
Transit: MTA #9 bus line (across from Cockeysville Target) Multiple Light-rail access
Description: In the early 1970's, Carlo and Felicia Schiattarella ventured from their small town in Naples, Italy & opened a quaint carryout pizzeria. Three decades later, The Schiattarella family is proudly introducing their 3rd full service restaurant in MD. Come join us for a delectable experience at Carlo's Italian Bistro and enjoy authentic, mouth watering Southern Italian cuisine. We take pride in serving top quality veal, chicken, seafood and shellfish specialties, along with salads, subs and sandwiches. With all of our menu items made fresh to order, we can gladly accommodate any dietary needs and preferences. Our casually elegant dining room is a perfect setting for a romantic dinner, friendly get-together or business luncheon, along with plenty of space for large parties & gatherings. Although we do not have a liquor license, we encourage our guests to bring their own alcoholic beverages to complete their dining experience.
Lutherville, Maryland
“Nice local Italian restaurant”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Carlos doesn't have a liquor license but you can bring in a bottle of wine and they will gladly pour for you to enjoy with dinner. Staff is courteous and friendly and the food is delicious. The upstairs is used for private parties. I have been to a private celebration and I was amazed at how quickly and orderly the dinners arrived. Everyone complimented the food and the servers. The staff at Carlos couldn't do enough to make it a pleasant experience for the guests as well as the hosts. I hope Carlos Italian Bistro is successful at the Cockeysville location and remains for many years.

Visited April 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Always reliable”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Carlos probably 3-4 times this year and they never let you down. My personal favorite is the lobster ravioli which I just love (especially the sauce). Great Caesar salad and excellent value for money at just over $100 for 4. I just love the money that you can save with BYOB.

Visited July 2014
Owings Mills, MD
“Last Minute Plans Turn Into Great Meal”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Other plans for dinner went astray and we turned to Carlos Italian Bistro. The two couples shared the Garlic Shrimp appetizer which was wonderful--kept sopping up the sauce with our bread. Menu is extensive with lots of old favorites covering a wide range of Italian choices. After a side salad with a nice house dressing we moved on to our entrees which came from the specials offered that evening, the veal with lump crab hit the spot. The pasta that came with the meal along with my entree featured a vodka rose sauce (I believe). Service was prompt and professional. We skipped a sweet ending to our meal as we were full. As General MacArthur said we shall return--In our case back for another excellent meal.

1 Thank BronxG
Towson, Maryland
“Excellent once again”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

A quiet Thursday evening, 7/3, when we returned yet again to Carlo's. July 4th is the next day. Kim, our waitress gave excellent and informed service. Water, bread, butter or oil delivered right away. Carlo's is BYOB. We brought a bottle of red, bottle of white, not knowing what dishes we'd choose. Opened the white to go with the mussels (which came in the usual delicious white wine sauce). House salad (that usually comes with mains) was ample and delicious. My wife had the veal francaise, while I had my favorite dish at Carlo's, chicken francaise. Both dishes were superb. The veal was soft enough to cut with a fork as was the chicken. Did I mention the Tartufo (called The Bombe) & delicious cappuchino? Carlo's = best Italian food in the area.

Baltimore, Maryland
“A New Restaurant Experience for Me”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Ambiance was lovely, service was excellent, so many yummy items on the menu that it was hard to choose....