“Better than your average pizza shop”
Review of Fazzini's Italian Kitchen - MOVED

Fazzini's Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: York
Description: Fazzini's Taverna specializes in homemade pastas, breads, sauces and meatballs... ...And authentic, wood-fire-oven Neapolitan pizza. Yeah... We actually make everything ourselves, like in Italy. If you have not been to Fazzini's, we urge you to give us an evening. It will make you a customer for life. We are owner-operated and always have the best interests of our guests and their families in mind. Everything that Fazzini's serves is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it hits your table. We will truly "Wow" you with our homemade food, modest prices and large portions. Make
baltimore
“Better than your average pizza shop”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

They make the pasta & dough - it's delicious! Good prices & friendly staff, what more can you ask for?

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dana S

Maryland
“Good food. Service not so much.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Party of two on a rare night out for dinner and a movie. We arrived and were surprised it was a strip mall restaurant. I guess I just assumed a nicer atmosphere. No problem - we had a $50 gift certificate that was given to me and not a lot of time before the movie so we were pretty excited and appreciative to have most of our meal covered. Upon entering we stood at the front door for several minutes before we were finally greeted and seated. The food was good. Nothing extraordinary for strip mall Italian fare but commendable. Upon the check arriving I presented the gift certificate to the server and got an immediate non-verbal reaction that I felt was odd. Two minutes later the owner arrived and seemed somewhat upset and said he would not honor the gift certificate. I asked him why - there was no expiration date on it and it was clearly valid. He stated the GC was created under the previous owner. I took him at his word for it but I also explained to him that under Maryland law, restaurant GC's must be honored if they have not expired. The only other fine print was that only one GC per table per visit. He had obviously encountered other patrons with GC's and apparently was prepared to decline these GC's. He finally offered to revise the value to $25 - 50% of the face value. I took him up on it just so we could get out of there as we were now running late for our movie. I felt this was a pretty poor way of handling the situation. Whether true or not, the full value of the GC should be honored (in fact - since it's the law it HAS TO be honored). The most annoying thing though was the attitude of the owner. From the initial start of the conversation, he made us feel as if we were breaking the law or trying to steal from him. Won't be back. Plenty of other Italian restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank tvpromo
Ari B, Owner at Fazzini's Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Sir,

Thank you for joining us for dinner at Fazzini's. I am sorry that you felt that you got an attitude from the owner/manager on duty, that certainly was not my intention and may have been out of frustration as I have seen alot of these certificates lately. Please understand that it is a very tough situation for us when we encounter gift certificates that were written by past ownership with no expiration date, and handling those encounters is never easy. Unfortunately there are thousands of dollars worth of these certificates around which only compounds the issue. I do feel that we made a strong effort to correct the situation by giving you $25 off of your meal especially given the fact that current ownership did not receive any of that money when the certificate was bought. I hope that you will contact me to discuss a time where you will come back to see how great a dining experience at Fazzini's really can be. My number here is 410-667-6104. You can also email me at ari@fazzinis.com. I really do hope you contact me, I would love the opportunity to gain your trust as customers.
Elkton, Maryland
“One of the best we ever had.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We tried FIZZINI's for the first time several weeks back. We were amazed , Small place , few tables
but , WOW , the food was great. We ,again ,tried this place yesterday and , again , WOW , How they can make the quality ITALIAN food the way they do. The service is a little slow but who
care's when the mussel's are that good . Hugh drinks , two kinds of table bread . Easy parking and easy to get to.We are going back. Finally, an ITALIAN restaurant that care's about the food .

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow - don't be fooled by appearance, shopping center location!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I knew we were in for a treat when there was fresh bread and olive oil / roasted garlic on the table. The restaurant is BYO and our server, Brian, wasted no time getting to our table and opening the wine we brought in. We ordered the mussels with garlic bread - and we had to order more bread to soak up the sauce from the mussels. They were outstanding. My friend had the pasta bolognese with sausage and I had a special of crab ravioli. Both were spectacular. I make it a personal rule never to eat too much bread so that I can enjoy my dinner - but by the time our entrees arrived, I had already had THREE pieces of bread. Service was fantastic - but the food was the real draw. I'm not from the area, but I would make a special trip up here just for the mussels. A+ !!!

• Visited January 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Hits the spot when you're hungry for Italian.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a little restaurant in a strip mall that serves good southern Italian food. They say that they make their own pasta, the portions are large and the people are nice. Their spinach salad is a work of art, lots of mushrooms, real crumbled bacon and a delicious dressing, homemade, which you can buy by the bottle to take home. Their lasagna is delicious, I like the stuffed shells, and the pizza is good. Instead of running downtown to little Italy, it's nice to have a place in the county that really cares about the food that they serve. I really like their red sauce, the sausage has real flavor and the subs I have tried are good. Nice rolls.
No ambiance so this isn't the place for that special date; it's in a strip mall. Cockeysville is loaded with restaurants but if you want the best Italian food in the neighborhood, Fazzini's is it!

• Visited December 2012